How long does it take on average to go though a roll of film? My trail cam has been out there for a week now. Just wonderin how often I should check it.

25-06

It depends on several factors.

1. density of deer in the area

2. time of year and temperatures

3. Is the camera over salt, bait, trail, or water.

4. Is the camera programed to take pictures every minute, 5 minutes, 20 ?

On trails, and salt this time of year I would typically wait 3 weeks.

On bait, depending on the type and concentration of deer in the area, usuall 1 week.

On water in the heat of the summer, maybe every 2 weeks.

On water now, 3 weeks.

W/ the non digital cameras the batteries usually last max 3 weeks anyway.

If it is on bait or salt, never program it for less than 5 minuets, you will get 25 pictures of the same cow elk or deer within a short period. Been there, done that.

Thanks Treestandman, I just have it on a trail, and I forgot how to change the setting on how many pics it takes and how often it takes them....its a stelth cam :D

25-06

I've got 3 stealth cams (the $55.00 ones) and I love them. You will read posts from other web sites that people have problems w/ them but I have never had a problem in about 2 yrs. For trails I would definitely recommend setting it for 1 or 2 pictures every minute and leaving it for 2 or 3 weeks. I like setting my cameras on trails best during the rut period from the beginning of dec to Feb.

Right on Treetsandman, This trail cam is my first one , and have already had no pics from the first time I had it out, cause I did'nt have the film loaded right :D Hope this time it comes out OK...Terry

Share them pictures when it works! We love Pictures!

I checked my camera on saturday and was pretty amazed to develop a picture w/ 2 does and a bear in the same picture. The deer don't appear to be spooked which I find very odd. The bear is probably about 30 yds or so from the deer, sitting down and facing away from the deer. Pretty interesting stuff!!

Treestandman...

Email the pictures to amanda and she can pop them up on the board for ya.

(and us) to see!

Thats what I, (we) Do is send them to Amanda. I dont even know how to e-mail a pic, so my wife always does that for me ;)

Has anybody seen the pictures of the elk supposedly near Casa Grande, a friend sent them to me and they look real. I can't post these pictures, but I can e-mail them if anybody else wants to take o look at them.

I have no idea on how to email pictures. there is no scanner here at work and I'm not supposed to email outside of work. I'm not even supposed to be on this site!