SO I HUNT

Shooting Input Needed

Just a fast question? If shooting and your shots are rising some? Is the bow coming up from the recoil??? :( I have some shots that are right there and some that are high? Just bought the Bow Madness and its the 32" ax to ax, 29" draw and set @ 66 lbs.

Thanks for any input

Last year I had a similar problem. I figured out that my nock point was inconsistant. Inside of my string loop, there was too much space, and sometimes my arrow was nocked higher than other times. Easy fix, just figured out the right nock point, and shortened the space inside the loop. I was surprised at the difference 1/8 of an inch at nock point could make 50 yards down range.

get a marker and number you arrows. shoot a few groups, see which arrows go where consistently

are you shooting groups at close range?, always always make sure you are grouping; if not than you might be the problem, not the bow.

it could be mechanical (hitting the rest, etc) but that would have to do with knock and vane configuration, just make sure that they aren't misaligned.

T

As already said mark your arrows and see it is the same arrows every time. Also if you have a loop make sure it is tight enough on the arrow nock to be sure the arrow nock is not sliding down the string when you draw. If all of this is ok you may be putting to much heel in your bow hand on some shots and then none on others. I still do this quite often. Its bad because in practice i pay attention to it but under pressure like hunting or in a shoot you are thinking about everything else and the outcome is not always good!

All of the above comments are worth looking into. The bow recoil should be the same everytime and have the same effect on each arrow. It should not vary arrow to arrow , shot to shot. Another thing I have learned over the years is if you dont hold the back wall of your draw cycle solid and allow it to creep forward. It will have arrows go low vs. holding back firmly.

you may be putting to much heel in your bow hand on some shots and then none on others.

This was my first thought, but Dallas has ya covered.

Thanks guys for the help. With that said tried all coments and found them all to help, (THEN I TRIED THE TAP THE BOW FOR a LISTEN FOR NOISE hummmmmm the sight was loose on the third axis) :( :( :( !!!! Dang if I would have tried that first!!!! Well its a shooter and I'm feeling good about myself once again :P or until the next time I find something else wrong?

Again Thanks alot!