Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Rocky Input

OK guys, I'm E-scouting :rolleyes:

The Dept has removed my choice for Rocky Bighorn hunts this year

so I am limited to units 1/27.

I have spent very little time there and do not know which hunts to pick.

Since I have my Desert the chances of drawing a Rocky Are next to nothing

And with that being said I would rather take a lesser chance of drawing but

IF I DID Draw I would want it to be the best Quality hunt.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and would prefer a PM over posting

it here for the whole world wide internet to see.

E-scouter Mike :D

OK Guys

For you that saw my posts on Roughcuts topic

I wanted to bring this one back up to show we all can us a little help.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help.

I do not discourage anyone from asking as we have a GREAT family here

that would be willing to do just about anything for a fellow SPORTSMAN.

If a newbe sings in and their first post is E-scouting they may get put down

and rightly so :rolleyes:

Roughcut, do not take my posts as a personal attact.

As you see, I am also asking for advice.

Good lock to all that have tags and the upcoming draw :D

I know nothing about sheep and very little about the units but have you thought about giving the WMs in those units a call. I know the WM in 27 has gone above his duty in monitoring sheep in his unit.

I know nothing about sheep and very little about the units but have you thought about giving the WMs in those units a call. I know the WM in 27 has gone above his duty in monitoring sheep in his unit.

Thank you but them boys do not need to hear from me on what to put in for.

IF I would draw a tag He (She) will come to love or hate me :P

RC, i do not ever expect to draw a Rocky tag.

But IF I do I want it to be the best hunt I could draw.

Ive always been leary of asking for any advise on ANY hunting forum... Seems most who are looking for some advise or maybe a helping hand get tarred and feathered by the "locals" when any kind of help or advise is asked for!! Not everytime, but I'd say the vast majority of the time it does happen. Unfortunate but the truth.

Mike, sheep seem to be realatively easy to find in the southern 27 areas.. Ive found rams each and everytime I've gone there.. Rough country, but the sheep are there. PM me and I'll tell you exactly where I've seen them. No monster rams, but there were solid 170 class rams in a couple of the groups.

Thanks Scotty,

I'll PM you in 50 years and ask for some help.

Do you think you will be able to push my wheel chair

up that mountain then :P

:D

GameHauler, I ran into several this past January, here's a sample, I can give you more info if want as well, let me know.

Karl

post-3123-1242274553_thumb.jpg

Ive always been leary of asking for any advise on ANY hunting forum... Seems most who are looking for some advise or maybe a helping hand get tarred and feathered by the "locals" when any kind of help or advise is asked for!! Not everytime, but I'd say the vast majority of the time it does happen. Unfortunate but the truth.

didn't seem to happen much on this thread about Unit 33 from back in 2004... guess times have changed.

Jul 20 2004, 02:55 PM

Post #1

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this site for awhile now and figured I'd finally throw out a post or two. I know many of you from the MonsterMuleys forum, so not everyone here is a stranger. To the rest, I just want to say hello. Anyway, I guess that you figured out that I drew the aformentioned tag for this fall. I have been in the unit a number of times Mearns quail hunting up in the Catalinas and have seen alot of deer and a few good bucks. But, I've never been up into the Rincons. I've heard that they hold some good bucks if you know where to go. So, my question to all of you is -- if you have any info on this unit and hunt, any you can spare would be gratly appriciated. I am not looking to kill the next world record, just a good, respectable buck that I would be proud to hang my 1st AZ tag on!

Thank you and good luck to all of you this fall,

Scottyboy

IPB

I live vicariously through myself....

didn't seem to happen much on this thread about Unit 33 from back in 2004... guess times have changed.

Jul 20 2004, 02:55 PM

Post #1

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this site for awhile now and figured I'd finally throw out a post or two. I know many of you from the MonsterMuleys forum, so not everyone here is a stranger. To the rest, I just want to say hello. Anyway, I guess that you figured out that I drew the aformentioned tag for this fall. I have been in the unit a number of times Mearns quail hunting up in the Catalinas and have seen alot of deer and a few good bucks. But, I've never been up into the Rincons. I've heard that they hold some good bucks if you know where to go. So, my question to all of you is -- if you have any info on this unit and hunt, any you can spare would be gratly appriciated. I am not looking to kill the next world record, just a good, respectable buck that I would be proud to hang my 1st AZ tag on!

Thank you and good luck to all of you this fall,

Scottyboy

IPB

I live vicariously through myself....

I never once in the post said that I've never done it.. Just said Ive always been leary to do so.. Most folks on any hunting site have solicited help in one form or another at least once from it's fellow members. I never claimed to be any different. I've maybe made such a post once or twice at the most. I stand firmly by what I said in the first place.. Most folks get lambasted for e scouting on hunting websites.. Maybe you should search that. I'm sure you'll find alot more info to support my side of the story.

Thanks for pulling up my first post on CWT, EVER, from 5 FRICKIN' YEARS AGO!!!! Whatever that was supposed to prove. :huh: Hope you had fun going through 1,151 posts to pull that one up..

Oh yeah, just for your information JMP, I've ALWAYS been more than happy to help out ANY member of this and a couple of other sites who have asked me for advise, either publicly or through PM's with deer hunting, AZ unit info, MT hunting, TX hunting, upland bird hunting, African info, New Zealand info, fishing in Mexico, mountain climbing, taxidermy work, info about my job, etc..

Like I mentioned in the earlier post Mike, (before it got sidetracked), should you win the lottery and draw the tag, I can give you some places to start your sheep hunt! I'll also keep my eyes and ears peeled for any big ram sightings in that unit during the summer while I scout for my muzzleloader elk hunt that's coming up.. I'm planning on being up there quite a bit this summer, though I won't be in the best of sheep country.

I am boiling up the tar, and plucking the chickens as we speak :blink:

I always put in for the unit 27 Rocky Hunt (Foote Creek). Even though I will probably go to my grave before I draw it :D

The Foote Creek hunt is a pack in hunt around the Horse Ridge area. I think G&F said a 30 sq.mile core area

I heard a 190 class ram was taken out of that unit a couple few years ago even though the Rams average high 160's to 170 ish. A Ram was also poached in there 5-6 years ago? The Black River hunt, and San Francisco River hunt are also Rocky's, but I am not sure exactly where the S.F herd is at, except the local pets around the Mines.

If you ever get the chance to meet me up there I can show you some of the Foote Creek area.

Oh yeah, just for your information JMP, I've ALWAYS been more than happy to help out ANY member of this and a couple of other sites who have asked me for advise, either publicly or through PM's with deer hunting, AZ unit info, MT hunting, TX hunting, upland bird hunting, African info, New Zealand info, fishing in Mexico, mountain climbing, taxidermy work, info about my job, etc..

I will back Scottyboy on this one as I have witnessed and benefited from his extreme generousity and willingness to help others!

-Tracy

"Most folks get lambasted for e scouting on hunting websites.. Maybe you should search that. I'm sure you'll find alot more info to support my side of the story.

Thanks for pulling up my first post on CWT, EVER, from 5 FRICKIN' YEARS AGO!!!! Whatever that was supposed to prove. :huh: Hope you had fun going through 1,151 posts to pull that one up..

Oh yeah, just for your information JMP, I've ALWAYS been more than happy to help out ANY member of this and a couple of other sites who have asked me for advise, either publicly or through PM's with deer hunting, AZ unit info, MT hunting, TX hunting, upland bird hunting, African info, New Zealand info, fishing in Mexico, mountain climbing, taxidermy work, info about my job, etc.."

Scottyboy, I meant no offense, and didn't mean to appear to contradict anything you said, if that's what I did. You're right, most people get slammed nowadays for what others consider e-scouting. I just meant to show that times on this site have changed, cos there used to be a generally more helpful approach to guys who ask for help. My apologies if it came across as anything else.

As its been said a million times on forums such as this, sometimes what one means to say get misinterpreted without being afforded the luxury of being able to use his voice and facial expressions to get the point he was trying to make across to the rest of the others.. Words typed that were meant to say one thing can be taken in a totally diff light be others who misread it!

No worries, Jay!