Sign in to follow this  
singleshot

Rhino or Ranger

If your going to use it for hunting go with the Ranger. I have had mine for a couple of years now and don't know what I did with out it. Its nice to have a truck thats not being beat to heck!

Don't count out the Rhino. I have used mine for hunting for the last two years and I love it! I am not a big fan of the Ranger, but simply because it's just too big. The rhino was the perfect size for me. I only personally know one other guy with a Ranger and he hates it. Just typical Polaris issues is what he is always complaining about.

I dove head first into the Side by Side world and have a lot of experience with them. If you have any more specific questions on them, feel free to shoot me an email. My dad has an Arctic Cat Prowler, and I have buddies that own a Kawasaki Teryx, Honda Big Red and others. They all have their own unique pros and cons.

If it's strictly hunting and nothing else, the Ranger is probably best for you. If you enjoy taking rides from camp in the summer with your family and also want to use it for hunting and hauling gear, I would go with the Rhino. It's by far the most versatile.

my dad used to have a rhino,and now he has a ranger. personally i like the ranger. the seat is more comfortable in the ranger, and the suspension seems better to me also. it is a little bigger than the rhino but not enough to matter for me. i think it topped out at 42 mph stock. not sure what the rhino does stock. i would take the ranger, but thats just me. different strokes for different folks.

I'm a very satified Ranger owner.... we use ours every week. I want to upgrade to the 700cc one of these days.

We have one of the original 500cc rangers that has been used on the ranch since it was purchased. It has over 1100 hours on it. The floor boards cracked right out of the box, and it has had some carburetor issues etc. I think that we have put about $1500.00 into repairs since it was purchased. All in all it has been a pretty reliable workhorse, literally.

I printed out the specs. on both the ranger and rhino and was surprised at how close they really are in size, length, width, height turning radius etc. The payload capacity of the Ranger is almost double that of the rhino, more wheel travel also. I don't know anyone who has ever walked away from a Yamaha, or a Honda, but the original Polaris quads were troublesome. The Rhino was more expensive, I went with the Ranger, only time will tell.

i was in your shoes in May of last year. i did go with the Ranger. I have nothing to compare to but I have never regreated it. As said before for work and hunting I would say Ranger. If you do the 'dune' thing then Rhino.

I my resurch the older Rangers had some issues. All of them have bee cleared up from 2008 and on. There was a style change for '09 which ment great deals to be had on the remaining '08's.

It is a great tool that is also a lot of fun for the family too.

:ph34r:

I know a couple of different people that did a lot of research on side-by-sides and decided on the arctic cat prowler. just something else to think about.

I have friends that have the ranger, friends that have the rhino, and I myself have the prowler. The prowler has more ground clearance, more engine options, and a very progressive suspension. They are all good machines and it really comes down to preference and what all you're going to use it for. I personally love my prowler and when we are all hunting together the ranger and rhino stays in camp most of the time!

post-216-1244543759_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 1

We went with the rhino after driving the Ranger...the Rhino just felt a little more comfortable

and a little smaller and more nimble both machines are great and im sure you wont be dissapointed

either way you decide to go.

Here are a few pics of our rhino

post-1889-1244568976_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1244569483_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1244569528_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1244569565_thumb.jpg

International Scout with the Diesel Engine. If its out of these two we have a rhino and have taken it places we shouldn't be if you catch my drift.