Sign in to follow this  
coueselk

Family 2009 South Africa Hunt

Congratulations, it looks like you all had an awesome trip!! That is a monster bushbuck, it looks to me like he is probably a bit over 15". Whereabouts in the eastern cape were you. I worked with an outfitter over there in the Port Elizabeth, East London and Grahamstown areas one summer and had a blast.

Thanks Bill for the info, that is good to know.

hunter4life, we were hunting in a place between Alexandria and Port Elizabeth. Was probably around a 25 minute drive to Alexandria. We actually took the bushbuck on a ranch on the opposite side of Grahamstown. About a little more than an hour drive from where we hunted everything else. I was after a kudu, but as luck has it, found the bushbuck. We saw some good kudu, but nothing I wanted. I opted to hold out until my Namibia hunt to see if I could connect with a good one then.

We are hoping to be moved back to the US by the middle of the next year. So looks like I might be finally doing some coues hunting next year.

I have one more African setup this year. I have a leopard hunt in Namibia the end of July. Should be fun.

Danny:

Don't know how this will affect you, but this was posted on www.africahunting.com today:

"The Namibian MET has placed a moratorium on issuing CITES Export Permits for the remainder of 2009 on Leopard. Apparently, the Export Quota assigned to Namibia (250 Leopard per year) has been reached, which is the reason for this course of action. It seems this problem stems from the quota being exceeded for 2008 and the excess was rolled-over into this year. Because of this, the actual number of permits issued for 2009 was less than 250. You can still hunt Leopard there this year but, unless your outfitter/PH had already applied for a permit, you won't be able to export the trophy until next year at the earliest. (Of course this only applies to Trophy Leopard, not PAC hunts.)"

Bill Quimby

Cool looks like a great time!!!!!