Sign in to follow this  
luvdemcoues

Another Trail Camera gone... any thoughts?

I'd be willing to spend a little extra on one if it had a little c4 in it that could be set off remotely by cell phone. :angry:

You took the words out of my mouth! The only thing you can hope --What goes around comes around! There are A-holes all over even in the woods, its too bad.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. We did look all over thinking it could have been tossed or dragged, but nothin. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to do it old school now from now on!!!! It still sucks knowing people like that are out in the woods with the true sportsmen.

Guest 300ultramag.

Alright, ......................

get 2 rino GPS.......................

Expose the power source to your trail cam. Hot and neg. wires need to be accessed...............

Wire the power source to be external.......... get an external battery source..........

Go in thru the back of the unit and wire the rino call button to the power on/menu button.........(the guts of the rino are in the camera hence the space for the power source is needed)

The internal power source from the trail cam is going to power your GPS along with the rinos original power source...........

When the camera is functioning it will not locate the 2nd rino.... once the battery is powered off and powered on again it will cycle as well as call the 2nd GPS giving you an exact location......

So if the douche goes home and powers it on.... that power button will call the 2nd gps then u have your Cord.

If the D!ckhead has it out in the woods and cycles thru your menu options it will call the 2nd GPS once again...

good luck!

Beau

ps I use something similar to this set up but no one has taken my cameras..........I should post the coords. of one of em' naaaaah

Alright, ......................

get 2 rino GPS.......................

Expose the power source to your trail cam. Hot and neg. wires need to be accessed...............

Wire the power source to be external.......... get an external battery source..........

Go in thru the back of the unit and wire the rino call button to the power on/menu button.........(the guts of the rino are in the camera hence the space for the power source is needed)

The internal power source from the trail cam is going to power your GPS along with the rinos original power source...........

When the camera is functioning it will not locate the 2nd rino.... once the battery is powered off and powered on again it will cycle as well as call the 2nd GPS giving you an exact location......

So if the douche goes home and powers it on.... that power button will call the 2nd gps then u have your Cord.

If the D!ckhead has it out in the woods and cycles thru your menu options it will call the 2nd GPS once again...

good luck!

Beau

ps I use something similar to this set up but no one has taken my cameras..........I should post the coords. of one of em' naaaaah

Don't the Rino's have a limited range that they are capeable of working within? Wouldn't you have to be within that operating range with your Rino turned on at the same time the rotten thief turned his on? Kinda sounds like a long shot to me :huh:

What a sweet "two-for" deal for the thief. He gets a camera AND a Rhino. Seems the cost:reward ratio for the original owner is a little high.

Sorry about your loss. I've had 4 stolen and two vandalized over the years so I feel your pain.

I just wanted to comment on locking up your cameras in the future. Locking your camera will do nothing but give you a false sense of security. It will keep honest folks honest, but if a scum bag thief wants your camera he's gonna get it.

The best thing you can do to protect your cameras is to put them where no one will find them.

Good luck!

I agree, but if the lock saves just one camera over a long time it is worth it. Never know, it may be the cam with the next World Record on it.