Sign in to follow this  
JHAM357

made the move

well we made it up here couple weeks ago, lakeside to be exact. i neeed to know of a good archery shop. any help will be great.

You're in luck. First of all, welcome to the White Mountains. It's a great place to live for outdoor enthusiasts.

There is a really good archery shop up here. Jed Larson runs a Bowtech shop in the Verizon Wireless store on the edge of Show Low as you are heading toward Lakeside. It's up on the hill and if you didn't know it was an archery shop, you might miss it.

I can tell you from years of experience that you won't find a more knowledgable archery technichian or all-around bowhunting/archery fanatic than Jed. I'm sure others on here will echo that. Guys who have been around the bowhunting community in AZ know his reputation. He's a great guy, honest and really knows his bows. I bought my first new bow from him long ago when he worked at Bear Mesa in the valley, and he's really on top of the industry, the technology and bowhunting in general.

PM me if you need directions to his shop, but if you are heading from Lakeside into Show Low, once you pass the light at the Winchester and make the bend into Show Low, look to the left for a verizon wireless store with some bowtech banners at the top of the hill before you get to the new bank (Wells Fargo?).

If you're more of a Mathew's fan, there is also Timber Mesa. They run a good shop from what I've seen and heard, but my business goes to Jed, just based on my own personal experience with him over the years.

+1 for Jed!!!

thanks alot! jed seems to be just what i need (im a verizon carrier too, haha).

so far so good, just waiting on a job, interview thursday for TLC supported living services, dont know much about them but the basics and waiting for the fire department to get back to me. other than that just enjoying the weather and hangin out.