catclaw

4th of July pics

I had a camera up over the 4th and popped 1300 pics in a little over 2 weeks. I was a busy trail. Not nearly as many deer as I was hoping but there were all manner of other stuff.

post-131-1248033912_thumb.jpg

post-131-1248033960_thumb.jpg

post-131-1248034122_thumb.jpg

Do you or your son have an elk tag? Were you able to get the tops of the bottom bull, or will you need to reposition the cam?

I have a night shot- it is HUGE. I had the camera set up for deer- not elk. i can get the deer perfect. I moved the camera back about 5' and we will see what happens now. I didn't get the deer I was hoping for so I almost pulled the camera. I want to try and get some more photos of the big bull before I pull it.

There is an old fence there and the bottom 2 wires are still up. They have to step over or hop the wires which makes the spot good for setting a camera at 90 degrees to a trail (normally not a good plan)

Dennis

a couple of WT photos to show the height.

post-131-1248036689_thumb.jpg

post-131-1248036766_thumb.jpg

looks like a great bull hopefully you can get some more great pictures of him

My Covert cam is dead in the water. I have no idea what happened. My buddy just checked it and couldn't breathe life back into it. I am having the worst luck- just when I think they are the cat's a$$, they go and do this!!!