Sign in to follow this  
Sundevils79

Looking for new .50 cal...Suggestions?

I am looking to get a new .50 cal. I have been shooting a .54 cal Knight for the past 15 years or so and it is a great gun for my elk and antelope hunts. I am now chasing the desert deer with my muzzleloader and would like to upgrade. I am looking to increase my shot distance potential but still having a good reliable gun. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Knight went out of business, but their .50 cal extreme and elite series were awesome ML'ers. I would not hesitate to buy either one. Parts should be fairly easy to come by, as they sold a ton of these rifles.

TC Encore Pro would be my 2nd choice.

TC would also be my first choice, but I know those can get pricey. I just helped a buddy sight in his CVA optima last week, nice gun and very accurate. I would recommend the CVA as well.

I'm a serious muzzy rookie, but I recently bought a TC Encore Pro Hunter for an upcoming hunt and I'm very happy with it.

I have a T/C Encore with the muzzy barrel on it--with a strap and the Nikon Omega MZ Scope that i will sell for $750.00 if you are interested.

I have a Knight KRB7 that i shoot right now that "fits" me better.

Well i ended up getting the T/C Encore....Sportsmans had a killer deal on them here in Tucson....less than $500 out the door. Little more than I wanted to spend but I have a great gun that opens me up to a lot of options.

Thanks all for the input.

Jay

Have you tried the Ultra Bore Coat? Reports are it really helps in muzzleloaders to reduce fouling and cleaning. I had my 6.5WSM coated on the way from the gunsmith right after being out together.

http://www.ultracoatingsinc.com/ubc.aspx

I haven't heard of this yet but looks very interesting. The gun counter manager at SW turned me onto Blackhorn....says it is basically smokeless for smoke poles.

http://www.blackhorn209.com/home/

He swears by it and says the amount of fouling is nearly nothing. Gonna try it out for sure.