Sign in to follow this  
DIYbowhunter

Trouble with Illegals???

I have been hunting down south for 10 years and have never had any trouble with illegals. But I keep hearing more and more stories about hunters having problems. Im starting to think about not going down there anymore.

has anyone had any problems?

What are you crazy. Hunting down south is a suicide mission. Bringing a pistol is a joke. What is a pistol going to do against a Mexican Death Squad armed with H+K 417 assault rifles. I guess the pistol would be useful. You could eat some lead, so the banditos will not have the pleasure of cutting your eyelids off and staking you to an anthill. Camping in groups is simply INSANE! Makes it easier for the death squad to find you. Then what happens? You are the guest of honor at a Columbian Necktie Party. Save Your Life. STAY OUT of the southern units.

Bob

Speaking of illegals...... I just read the President Hussein's "health care program" will also insure illegals. We sure are generous! Maybe we should start a "world health care program" and the US could provide health insurance to everyone on the face of the earth!

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=620898

Mark

It's no surprise that his solution to the "Healthcare crisis" involves providing for people who bring all sorts of diseases, suck our system's resources dry, and cause massive property damage. Go figure.

Yes...no question...lots of pot farms in the northern units especially 22. I'm going to have to keep a carefull eye out in December while trying to harvest my deer. :ph34r: ;) :lol:

I have hunted 36C, Elkhorn Ranch about 4 times now and have never had a problem. Going in and out I have seen the illegals running through the desert, come into clearings of like a million water bottles. Really, the illegals avoid any contact, I tent it so I should really be concerned however never had a problem. I have heard the stories of raiding your camp, stealing your car and worse, I have even dissabled my truck on my trips however never had any issues. There are a ton of border patrol, air recons and hellicoptors going over the area. I have stopped and talked to the border patrol guys who told me, they are scared of us, just avoid them and you will be fine. Normally, if you are impacted, they may raid your camp for food and water however nothing deadly.

I have heard and read so many stories on the deadly drug smuglers, yes they are out ther I just have never come accross them and if I did, heck, I am a hunter and would just blend with my camo and head the other way. Something tells me you can tell the difference between a drug smuggler packing an AK vs a family trying to sneak over the border.

Just my thoughts, I dont fear the souther units, been in 36 C 4 times and out in 29 3 times, never an issue. If you can find animals or get drawn there go for it, I have taken my boy with me and had full confidence. PS, I did have a side arm, never can be to careful. Use comon sense..

Enjoy your hunt,

Alex

Alex is that your real name? How about Alejandro, El Comandante of the death squads. Of coarse he would like you to camp at the Elkhorn. Nice box canyon. One way in no way out. Don't let these savages lure you in to their trap. Keep out of the southern units. There is plenty of deer in 22 and nice camping. Heck in 24 they shoot world records and give you directions in hunting magazines.

Bob

post-911-1249196527.jpg

El Comandante Alejandro.

"Hey hunters, don't listen to Roberto he is a pendejo. Come to the Elk Horn and we will have a real fiesta. You know esse it will be gooooodddd. You will like it and get to shoot de deer. Make sure you bring expensive ATVs and 4x4s. It is rough terrain. Bring lots of cerveza's and dinero Americano. Oh simone i almost forgot make sure you bring lots of Gueras. The Gueras love Alejandro. See you this fall esses."

Last season, me and my brother in law had a drug runner walk within 100 feet of us while we were hunting. He never knew we were there. Today, we went to put some camera's up and sit water to see what's coming in. Had groups of illegals walk right threw the water hole, with guns, while we were sitting it. Luckily, they didn't see us. When we were driving out, we saw 4 vehicles loading up illegals in a wash. We called the border patrol and they blocked the road off and i'm assuming they caught most of them. The officer informed me that the area I hunt has had the most drug traffic recently. Pretty sad that we might have to quit hunting down south because people that don't even have a right to be in this country can keep us from enjoying being outdoors in our country. If we were alloud to start shooting the one's that are carrying weapons and drugs, I think that would scare alot of them away. It's really frustrating. :angry:

. Had groups of illegals walk right threw the water hole, with guns, while we were sitting it.

I heard that they don't carry weapons and just want to come here and work :P

The stats on these "immigrants" that just come here to work that are criminals is scary.

I agree with everyone, if you want to hunt down there then go ahead, I do, but just be prepared.

Alex is that your real name? How about Alejandro, El Comandante of the death squads. Of coarse he would like you to camp at the Elkhorn. Nice box canyon. One way in no way out. Don't let these savages lure you in to their trap. Keep out of the southern units. There is plenty of deer in 22 and nice camping. Heck in 24 they shoot world records and give you directions in hunting magazines.

Bob

post-911-1249196527.jpg

El Comandante Alejandro.

"Hey hunters, don't listen to Roberto he is a pendejo. Come to the Elk Horn and we will have a real fiesta. You know esse it will be gooooodddd. You will like it and get to shoot de deer. Make sure you bring expensive ATVs and 4x4s. It is rough terrain. Bring lots of cerveza's and dinero Americano. Oh simone i almost forgot make sure you bring lots of Gueras. The Gueras love Alejandro. See you this fall esses."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLMAO!!!!

They are still coming to kill your deer, Bob! :lol: :P :lol: :P You have lots more deer and better odds of killing a biggun'!! Quit trying to scare everyone!!! :rolleyes: :P :lol: :lol:

I have seen drug runners in 36A. A few years ago a hunting bud and myself were archery hunting and we stopped on a ridge to rest and glass. All of a sudden we see 16 guys with packs walking right down the center of the wash below us. They were no more then 200 yards away. The one in the front and the one in the rear had rifles. All had back packs. We just sat there and watched them go right on by. They never knew we were there. I am not as excited about hunting south as I used to be cause of the activity with drug runners, however I do not think I would stop because of them. It would be hard since there are some nice bucks in that unit. I mean I should say there are no bucks there so not worth checking out.

Eric, There's definitely a problem down there but not large enough to get you to stop hunting there other than a little sarcasm from fellow hunters to thin out the hunters lol. I too hunt it and many friends of mine hunt it. Lock your camp up, carry a side arm and keep your wits about you.... You should be just fine. Some buds of mine have been hunting these units longer than I've been alive and while it's gotten a lot more activity in the recent years... They have yet to have a conflict or violent event, let's hope it stays that way. Good luck this year!

Marlon

I have been hunting down south for 10 years and have never had any trouble with illegals. But I keep hearing more and more stories about hunters having problems. Im starting to think about not going down there anymore.

has anyone had any problems?

They are still coming to kill your deer, Bob! :lol: :P :lol: :P You have lots more deer and better odds of killing a biggun'!! Quit trying to scare everyone!!! :rolleyes: :P :lol: :lol:

Thanks C+S. It is good to know I can make other people laugh. I thought I was only amusing myself. Really the IA are not a problem at all down here. In fact they can help you immensely. Last hunt I hired a couple to pack out a deer and some others to cook my meals. Practically a fully outfitted hunt for five dollars and a plastic jug of water. If you want to do the same, just camp right on a major travel corridor like the Elkhorn. Don't worry. Their trails are easy to find. Look for an endless line of backpacks and water bottles. Once you set up camp, place a sign at the closest water source. Trabajar Aqui! With a map to your camp. If your lucky you could hire enough IA's to turn your little boring Coues hunt into an African safari. I like to have a gun bearer and trackers. I make the others carry all my gear on their heads just like a Tarzan movie. I also tell my newly hired servants to call me Papa like I'm Ernest F---en Hemingway. So you can see the IA's really add a special quality to a hunt that you just can't find in any other unit. Everyone should hunt the southern units to get this unique experience.

Bob

Thanks C+S. It is good to know I can make other people laugh. I thought I was only amusing myself. Really the IA are not a problem at all down here. In fact they can help you immensely. Last hunt I hired a couple to pack out a deer and some others to cook my meals. Practically a fully outfitted hunt for five dollars and a plastic jug of water. If you want to do the same, just camp right on a major travel corridor like the Elkhorn. Don't worry. Their trails are easy to find. Look for an endless line of backpacks and water bottles. Once you set up camp, place a sign at the closest water source. Trabajar Aqui! With a map to your camp. If your lucky you could hire enough IA's to turn your little boring Coues hunt into an African safari. I like to have a gun bearer and trackers. I make the others carry all my gear on their heads just like a Tarzan movie. I also tell my newly hired servants to call me Papa like I'm Ernest F---en Hemingway. So you can see the IA's really add a special quality to a hunt that you just can't find in any other unit. Everyone should hunt the southern units to get this unique experience.

Bob

I like that idea, especially the Papa Hemmingway remarks.. Hmmm, my leftover 36 tag just may turn out to be a fully outfitted affair!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that is hilarious....I got that hunt down there this year and as long as i got my partner with me I not the least bit worried. I just avoid them and they go there own way and well if they wanna come up to me I feel I got enough military experience to handle to situation. this is my terrain and I know it just as well as they do. Lets play cowboys and indians....I used to love that game when I was a kid. LOL I hope Im not pissing anybody off but are we just gonna let them take over the land. Im not. I will stand my ground and let them know Im here to stay and will fight for it. It wont be the first time I have had to fight for my land as Im sure there are plenty of us on here who are prior military. I also believe that most of them are not here to cause harm. but the ones that do well lets do what we got to do to get rid of them.