Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

doe with twins

went and picked up cam and was full after three days..... If i have lots of does and stuff like this does that mean i should relocate and start a new lick????? cool video regardlesshttp

The question is how many buck pictures do you get at this spot, What I have found over the years is I have licks that 90% are does and I have licks where 90%are bucks. I personally feel that if your not getting pictures of bucks you should move. Keep in mind that during the rut the does might be in this area and then it would be a good spot to hunt . when I scout I look for places with few does and usually there will be a bunch of bucks. This morning I galssed up 36 bucks and only 8 does. In another area I glassed up 19 does and only 3 bucks. I think the bucks will avoid high doe concentration areas due to the fact that lions, bears and other preditors will frequent these areas. Just my opp but it has worked.

i have had only 1 good buck come in but he was a nice one 100inch class for sure... Other then that a lot of does, spikes and a bear from time to time.. So i think your theory on the does being more likely to be where bears are would be considered accurate..... Thanks for all the info and i will defenetly look into moving depending on the next couple weeks of pictures and scouting the area..

I think one of the problems hunters have is they put out salt in any place and expect bucks to hit it . This is not the way to go about it , you need to find the bucks and pattern them and then put out salt or other attractents. THe reason you pattern them is so when you do put out the atttractant you can place it in a area you can beat them"wind being the hardest to beat.