Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Stolen F250 Diesel

Hey guys, I just had a white 2002 F250 Super Crew Diesel stolen this weekend - actually, this is the second time in 2 years. The first time, it was stolen out of San Diego - right out of the Sea World parking lot. Somehow, it was found in Tiajuana with no major damage. This time, it was stolen from the Arizona Grand Resort at Baseline and I-10 while we were vacationing. This was not some pimped out, or highly modified "eye magnet". It was a very stock truck with over 100K miles.

The response from Tempe PD was pretty telling. They are filling in many reports of these types of trucks stolen EVERY DAY. In fact, at the rental car office, 20 minutes ahead of me was a guy who had an F350 stolen. These things are in high demand. If you are anywhere near the valley, do yourselves a favor and install some type of theft deterrent device. According to Tempe police, they are being used to transport illegals and drugs across the border and are highly favorable right now.

Protect your trucks! I wish I had done something. It's a miserable feeling, for sure.

This must be a F-250 weekend !! My buddies F-250 was stolen during a softball tourny this weekend.

It is harvest season i think.

MY 2006 has been broke into and they tried to steal it twice. My truck has a delay relay switch and that is why they didn't get it. I ended up putting a club in mine whenever i am out of it and so far they haven't tried to get it again. It costs me 500 bucks every time these scum bags try to take that truck and i have a 500 buck deductible--so, it is out of my pocket every time.

I know the club slows them down because i was in a movie two weeks ago and they took two F250's Super Duty 4x4's out of the lot that were parked two spots down from me.

Sorry to hear about your truck--

It is harvest season i think.

MY 2006 has been broke into and they tried to steal it twice. My truck has a delay relay switch and that is why they didn't get it. I ended up putting a club in mine whenever i am out of it and so far they haven't tried to get it again. It costs me 500 bucks every time these scum bags try to take that truck and i have a 500 buck deductible--so, it is out of my pocket every time.

I know the club slows them down because i was in a movie two weeks ago and they took two F250's Super Duty 4x4's out of the lot that were parked two spots down from me.

Sorry to hear about your truck--

That sucks Jason. Hopefully you will get it back before hunting season. Good luck

Sorry to hear about your truck...this is an outrage!!!! I had an f250 stolen, then, about a two years later sold it to a guy and he told me he had it stolen too!!! Both times recovered and no one to blame. Not sure why they steal them and dump em? Like Toby and Willy say..."Take all the rope in texas find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys hang them high in the street, for all the people to see."

I used to work at the Grand. Bad place for car thefts. Perps have easy access to the freeway. I bet a car is stolen every 3 days from the parking lots. BTW, if it ain't in the Oasis, don't swim in it.

AC Guy - in all honesty, it might have been Phx metro PD - I just assumed we were in Tempe city limits there (wasn't paying too close of attention to his cruiser). So they get a lot there huh? - interesting, 'cause to hear them acting all surprised you'd think it was pretty rare. Dang. No matter now I suppose.

My next one is going to have a claymore built into the driver's seat I can set off with a cell phone. :lol: Jusk kidding - knowing my luck someone would dial it by accident while I was driving :o

As someone who has recovered many many of these stolen trucks, I will tell you that they are probably the most commonly used stolen vehicle I encounter. I guess that era of Fords does not have the chiped keys and also there is something about them that makes them easier than other makes and models to steal. Plus I would guess that most of those that are stolen are 4x4s. They can carry a lot of people or drugs and are a dime a dozen on the road to blend in.

Bottom line, Buy a Chevy!! (I just threw that in becuase I am a chevy guy) Of course I say that but I had my Chevy pickup stolen (or attempted to) in San Diego many years ago. Ironically, I cannot remember the last time I recovered a stolen Dodge.

Another one stolen....2001 F-250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4. Just stolen from Queen Creek. It was my Brother-in-law's. Police spotted it, and chased it, but lost it.

Bob

Well, mine was found. The bad news is, from what the Sherriff's deputy told me, it's pretty banged up. It was in some kind of off-road trail area near Saguaro Lake found by an offroading club. Sounds like the tires have been run bald (brand new tires) banged up body, missing bumper, etc. I can just imagine what kind of damage that kind of abuse can do. No matter what gets fixed, how can I be sure I don't get it back with massive unseen damage?

Sorry to hear it. I have a Dodge diesel and last year in Tucson I caught two illegals in the act of trying to steal it from a hotel parking lot. I was unloading my truck (was down there for a trial in federal court-as a lawyer) and had left it unlocked as I carried stuff up tp my room. I came back and one of them was ripping out the ignition. I started running toward him and he jumped into the get away car parked next to the truck. I got there right as he got the engine started to the get away car. I stood in front of the car to see if he had the cajones to run me over-yep. He reved the engine and came strait at me. I jumped out of the way and chased him out of the parking lot. Cost me about $750 to fix the truck. The officers that responded told me my truck was headed straight for Mexico. They didn't get the truck, but did end up taking my laptop computer and all my trial documents. People wonder why we are frustrated with the lack of enforcement of immigration laws.