Sign in to follow this  
CHD

Aerial photos online

Guest Ernesto C

Very interesting and usefull site Chris,I can see your house now and also my hunting unit :blink: Thanks.

Ernesto C

Haven't fooled with it too much yet, but it seems to me the easiest way to find your spot is to use the "topo" button first since it has more identifiable features labeled, then switch the view to "aerial".

Very cool!! I actually found our old house back in TX! It took me about 5 minutes, but after I got my bearings on the screen, I found it quick. I just wish it zoomed in a little closer! Thanks for the site....

Cool! I found the house I grew-up in, and a couple of my favorite quail spots as well... <_<

Thanks for sharing.

S.

TAM and I have been using this website for a while and it is an incredibly useful scouting tool. We use it to find saddles, ridgelines,bowles, benches, and water in the areas we hunt or are looking to hunt. In fact, TAM used this tool to find the hotspot he killed his buck in this last december. The combination of this website, a gps, and a trail camera or two can make a world of difference. <_<

Anybody notice how aerial photos flatten things out? I found my cabin and then went looking for the hills I've climbed and canyons I've crossed and couldn't understand why I struggled so much.

Bill Quimby

Bill that's a good one <_< I guess TREESTANDMAN and TAM are right about scouting from the puter...I have to give it a try ;)

The photo where I live is too old for anything to show up, its just desert with trails.