W.O.T

my "trophy"

I've been hunting for a long time now, this is my 1st deer and with a bow too! Ive ignorantly hit a few bucks with bad rifle shots and never found them, so after hearing crap from my friends and wife over the years I decided it was time to use my knife this year. I dont care if he still has warm milk around his lips!!!

These trail cam pics were taken right before/after carbon and steel flew

post-1985-1251076794_thumb.jpg

pic#1

doe behind the spike

25 yards and I was 20' up a pine...

post-1985-1251076877_thumb.jpg

pic#2

doe still in the way, but moving... the fork is trippin out and wont get broadside

post-1985-1251076893_thumb.jpg

pic#3

Only open shot, the fork was spooked by my son readin a book in his ground blind... Kohl never knew what happened

I shot seconds after this pic... I was at full draw for almost 50 sec... I could see the seconds on my watch

post-1985-1251077950_thumb.jpg

pic#4

the arrow after the shot

post-1985-1251079432_thumb.jpg

post-1985-1251076569_thumb.jpg

pics#5 & 6

my son and I

he ran 35 yards and down

double lung

post-1985-1251076754_thumb.jpg

last pic...

field dressin the ol'boy right where he lay!

anyone notice anything outta order here?

Great buck congrats on a great first ARCHERY buck. Any buck or anythiing with a bow is a trophy. Congrats on that 11 point!!!

now that you mention it... youre right about the tag! but for "the record" you cant see his back left leg... but there is something else and by the way I am field dressin the deer RIGHT where he took a dirt nap

I see youre right next to a tree stand I'm guessing he dropped right under you Well done and congrats. Must have been awesome having youre boy with you

I see youre right next to a tree stand I'm guessing he dropped right under you Well done and congrats. Must have been awesome having youre boy with you

Josh, youre right... that is a treestand, but not mine!!! I was in my stand and at 4:30 a guy rolls up on a quad, sees us, looks to his left for about 20 sec, then leaves... 30 min later I shot the buck and it ran to and died under his climber... I was so excited I never noticed the stand until we were leavin and my son asks if we are taking the treestand with us... guess I was in the zone the whole time we cleaned out the deer and got pics and I never realized a blind was in my back.

anyway, its possible thats why the quad guy was lookin hard to his left, he wanted his stand! well, we left him a gift I suppose... at the foot of that tree... hope he didnt step in it!!!

anyway, now we all know why the quad guy was lookin hard to his left, he wanted his stand! well, we left him a gift I suppose... at the foot of that tree... hope he didnt step in it!!!

:lol: :lol:

That is funny right there! Popular spot, I guess! :blink: Congrats on the Trophy! It is just Awesome that you got to share that with your boy!!

Come on January!!!! B)