Sign in to follow this  
Kaffer62

Digiscoping...

Well I have been messing around with digiscoping and just thought I would share with you all and get an idea of what you think. Just some messing around in the front yard. first pic is taken just with the camera, 2nd pick is the camera zoomed in... and the third is using the spotting scope. The mountain is 3/4-1 mile away.

I think i am getting the hang of it though.

post-252-1251914740_thumb.jpg

post-252-1251914807_thumb.jpg

post-252-1251915084_thumb.jpg

It does look like you are figuring it out. One thing I find that helps me is that I focus the camera by half pressing the button down while holding it up to the binos or scope and then use the fine focus on the binos/scope to make the image in the LCD panel on the camera be in focus.

Also, if you apply the "unsharp mask" in adobe photoshop element to your pics afterward you can sharpen them up. There are probably other programs that can do this also.

Amanda

I agree with Amanda, you will need to focus you spotting scope again after you get it all set up. the first few times I used mine, I thought that all was good by leaving it in the same focus position with the camera on it as it was looking though it with my eye. the pics were not coming out really clear. the next time I went out I refocused the spotting scope by how the image looked in the LCD screen and then took the picture, the pictures came out a lot clearer.

I just bought the universal one from cabelas.... seems to work ok... that third pic is a long ways off.

I just bought the universal one from cabelas.... seems to work ok... that third pic is a long ways off.

I orderd mine from Jim White great guy to deal with.

New to forum and Digiscoping. I was wondering if the Cabelas universal mount works well or should I spend the extra coin and buy the Swaro DCA adapter? Does anyone have the pro's and con's? oh yeah I am using a Swaro straight scope with Canon EOS.

New to forum and Digiscoping. I was wondering if the Cabelas universal mount works well or should I spend the extra coin and buy the Swaro DCA adapter? Does anyone have the pro's and con's? oh yeah I am using a Swaro straight scope with Canon EOS.

I cant offer pros and cons on these two adapters but I bought the Vortex universal adapter from Jim White and it is a really solidly made adapter, so that is the one I recomend !

Gregaz,

I use the generic one on a nikon scope and it works really great but my hunting partner has the swaro 80 and i can take pics through it but he got the DCA gizmo... it is AWESOME. there is no other digiscope adapter that you can get all set up, then swing it out of the way, look through your scope and then swing the camera back into place. Now, that said it has its limitations, the size of the camera that will fit on it is kinda tricky. point an shoot digitals and small cam corders (i use sony handycam mini dvd) work great but Im pretty sure you couldn't get away with using a DSLR with out making some sort of mount relocation device for your camera ( not very hard with some ingenuity)

So my $0.02 says to save your $0.02 for a while and do the right thing an get the swaro DCA.

Good luck

-sam