Sign in to follow this  
jackshoe

My Dad, Uncles, Myself and some friends from way back

post-2426-1252031545_thumb.jpgHere are a couple of pics from way back. The first picture shows a family friend on the left, my dads brother Phillip Bounds, and my dad, Wayne Bounds, home from a successful mule deer hunt in about 1950. They hunted around Perkinsville and Drake for many years. I could hardly wait to get old enough to go hunting with the men. The second picture shows my dad's brother Mack on the left, Phillip(same as the first picture) in the center and yours truly on the right at deer camp still in the Perkinsville area in 1966. That was the first year that I was old enough to drive my own vehicle to hunting camp(16). I wasn't the best hunter in camp but I was way the best mule in camp, and the older guys didn't care where they shot a deer as long as I was around to pack it out. I think Mack used to pass up anything close to a road and hunt only canyon bottoms just for my benefit. They let me drink a little bit of their whiskey, took all of my money playing cards, and let me gather all the firewood they could burn every day. Along the way they also taught me a lifelong love of hunting and all things outdoors. They're all gone now. but I still thank them every day for the values and respect they instilled in me at an early age.

post-2426-1252031495_thumb.jpg

I wish I would have had the pleasure of meeting them Ted. If they were anything like you then I truely missed out but thanks for sharing your memories with us. :)

TJ