Sign in to follow this  
galiuro mountain man

All tuned up

Is everyone ready for the archery seasons to start? Less than 3 months till deer season. I am ready, and so is my wife. We have been shooting all year round for a few years now, and it makes getting ready for season a breeze.

It is time for everyone to dust off the bows if they havent been shot in a while. Take them on summer scouting trips, go stump shooting, tournements, and family camping trips.

Its almost time, hope everyone is ready.

GMM

Great Post

This is the time. If you wait until after the draw you will not get very good service at your local archery shop. (They will be busy selling new bows to the guys who drew your archery elk tag who have not shot a bow in 5 years ;^)

There are some great 3D shoots this summer. Usery Mountain is having a night shoot every Wednesday under the lights. This is some of the best practice there is for hunting.

Dan

Well I am hoping people dont wait until the day, or even the week before they shoot. In my opinion, waiting till the last minute is wrong. It is hard enough to put something down with a bow that is shooting perfect (I know from experience). Then to have someone out there without knowing exactly how thier equipment will perform.

Just a reminder to get your bows out and let some arrows fly.

GMM

my favorite thing (major sarcasim here) is to see some guy(havent seen a gal do this yet) at the range barely able to draw "his bow" by pushing it up in the air and dramaticaly contorting his body to obtain a possible full draw, hitting every thing but the target ...only to find out that hes on his way to hunt elk!!! :lol: truly thats my favorite :huh:

What is the best shop in the Valley to get a new string and cable? What is the average rate for this work?

I am going on 4 years on the same string and cables and they are looking a little ragged.

What side of town DesertBull or does it matter.

I live in the SE Valley but I work in Phx, so it doesn't really matter.

I used to go to Archery Headquarters, but won't go anymore.

DesertBull,

If you shoot a lot and/or are going to keep your bow for some more years, I would recommend getting a Winner's Choice string & cable set to eliminate the stretch and peep rotation. It's costly, but worth it if you're an avid archer. Cost me about a C-note for set and installation on the Mathews.

http://www.winnerschoicestrings.com/

You might want to call Corner Archery at 5008 W. Northern, 623-842-3337, to see if they can help.

Doug~RedRabbit

I've got a new AR-31 that I'm working with. I'm getting use to it. Besides, this is the fun part of shooting a bow for me. I like making the adjustments until I get it just right, then I'm looking for something else to adjust.

I'm trying to go about 2x a week. It always seems like its windy or rainy (this weekend) when I have time to go.

I was going to suggest Corner Archery also, I just didn't want to send you across town if there was someplace closer.

I'm shooting a new AR-34 and man do I love it. I don't have much to compare it too since I've been an instinctive finger shooter for 15+ years and have always shot an Oneida but this thing kicks a serious amount of tail I think! I just started going to the summer 3-D shoots again. For those of you who haven't been to a 3-D shoot I'd highly recommend it, what awesome practice!

Josh