Sign in to follow this  
Dodgerboy999

!!!!!!! Fobbed Giant 132 4/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! You stalked him in scrub-ocotillo and got within 35 yards??? Did you crawl or what? :P

Big Congrats! I mean, I can see stalking a carp within 35 yards, or sitting a blind or tree stand and getting a 35 yard shot, but stalking a coues to 35 yards? ????

that is a really nice buck, spot and stalk too. once in a life time buck right there! congratulations! i might need to get some FOBs huh.

Net scores are bogus, but this buck can be entered as a non-typical. As a non-typical I believe he will easily exceed the 124 0/8. Matt will probably not enter him anyways because he does not care about the score. Regardless it has been a great year for giant bucks.

I do believe the rut is later down south and possibly the shedding of antlers but as for velvet I have seen the opposite. Almost half the bucks we are seeing down south right now are completely shed of velvet. I have not seen a buck up north without velvet or heard of one. I could be wrong about shedding down south but this is what my experience has been.

Hi azcouesfanatic,

Please tell me where in southern Az. you were seeing half of the coues deer bucks with polished antlers before sept. 10th? I think you are FOS!!!!

+1 Antlerdog.Been in 3 units down south and just started to see some hard horns last sunday.

+1 Antlerdog.Been in 3 units down south and just started to see some hard horns last sunday.

Siderack thats plus 2 barely seeing them hard horns!

Jim Reynolds (aka: Antlerdog)

I realize you have been hunting Coues deer for more years than I have been alive and have taken more Boone and Crockett bucks than I have ever probably seen in the wild but why would I lie to you about what was seen down south before this buck was killed?

The statement I made about half the bucks being rubbed was not what I meant to say. In this particular spot nearly half the bucks were rubbed. I agree that in other spots that I had been hunting the bucks were not rubbed. I am not sure why in this particular area these bucks rubbed out so early. It could also be the fact that the buck was so large.

Sorry to mislead anyone but I am not sure I would tell someone he is FULL OF ****!!!! (FOS) when I do not even know the person.

Brian

Jim Reynolds (aka: Antlerdog)

I realize you have been hunting Coues deer for more years than I have been alive and have taken more Boone and Crockett bucks than I have ever probably seen in the wild but why would I lie to you about what was seen down south before this buck was killed?

The statement I made about half the bucks being rubbed was not what I meant to say. In this particular spot nearly half the bucks were rubbed. I agree that in other spots that I had been hunting the bucks were not rubbed. I am not sure why in this particular area these bucks rubbed out so early. It could also be the fact that the buck was so large.

Sorry to mislead anyone but I am not sure I would tell someone he is FULL OF ****!!!! (FOS) when I do not even know the person.

Brian

Maybe he just called it like he seen it. Your buck was a big boy to but he wasnt rubbed off! there is no way that one particular spot in Southern AZ. Rubbed out before every other unit in the state all you did was raise eyebrows on that big buck!

Mr. Reynolds, I do believe you owe Azcousesfanatic a gentlemen response. Most likely an apology. And please Pm me, Sir. I don't think there are so called experts here even with the numbers.

There was a very nice deer taken and it appears his creditability is in question. More so, his friends creditability has been questioned. This deer was a freak of nature. Not many like him, don't you agree?. Not in anyone's collection? But his.... It is a real shame that a person of your statue and respect on this site would make such a comment. Savvy I apologize for us having to meet this way.... But c'mon

This is very cool site and its a shame that people feel its necessary to sometimes hijack threads and put people down weather they think something is true or false. Nothing wrong with asking ? if you dont agree with something but pointing fingers is different story. I dont blame anybody for having there suspicions about this event that is only natural considering how unique of an event it was but lets keep this topic at peace and not ruin the hunters once in lifetime achievement because he earned it.

This is very cool site and its a shame that people feel its necessary to sometimes hijack threads and put people down weather they think something is true or false. Nothing wrong with asking ? if you dont agree with something but pointing fingers is different story. I dont blame anybody for having there suspicions about this event that is only natural considering how unique of an event it was but lets keep this topic at peace and not ruin the hunters once in lifetime achievement because he earned it.

Not one response was against the credibility of the hunter congrats to him he shot a rarity of a buck the only responses were against the fact that azacouesfanatic made a ridiculous statement that half the bucks in southern AZ. had shed there velvet as of Sept. 10 which if it was true would mean that the buck your taking offense to isnt such a rarity which is not the case so congrats to the hunter and sorry to ruin your thread.

The only reason I stated that about questioning the creditability of the hunter is because in your last post you stated it seemed that eyebrows would be raised on this big buck weather I or anyone else misunderstood you this whole thing is pretty stupid to even chat about any further so goodluck to everyone this season and shoot straight and keep posting those pics we all really enjoy checking them out.