Sign in to follow this  
Dodgerboy999

!!!!!!! Fobbed Giant 132 4/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute toad! Do you have a net score? I know nets are for fish but when you are talking WRs unfortunately it comes into play. Looks like he probably wouldn't net over 130 but who cares, he is awesome!

As for velvet larger bucks shed first and bucks down south shed before bucks up north.

I agree that larger bucks shed first but disagree with the statement that the bucks down south shed before the bucks up north. I have found quite the opposite in my few years of hunting them. From what I have experienced the majority of the units down south are later in all stages then most of the northern units, including the rut, shedding of horns, antler growth, and shedding the velvet.........

regardless none of this matters as this topic is about a fantastic buck and not about the stages of development of a coues deer.

Net scores are bogus, but this buck can be entered as a non-typical. As a non-typical I believe he will easily exceed the 124 0/8. Matt will probably not enter him anyways because he does not care about the score. Regardless it has been a great year for giant bucks.

I do believe the rut is later down south and possibly the shedding of antlers but as for velvet I have seen the opposite. Almost half the bucks we are seeing down south right now are completely shed of velvet. I have not seen a buck up north without velvet or heard of one. I could be wrong about shedding down south but this is what my experience has been.

""Matt fortunate enough to get the deer to bed in an awesome and have the wind right and shoot this giant from 35 yds away out of his bed.""......... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: .....Insane.....a deer that crafty and wise......Big ups for sure.....Congrat's

Guest 300ultramag.

the deer is top notch way to go!!!

fletchings and wraps = sexy

fobbs and wraps = goofy

the deer is top notch way to go!!!

fletchings and wraps = sexy

fobbs and wraps = goofy

Well said Beau. My experience with them never sold me on them. hard to argue with this buck though.

That is one Serious coues buck, Much congrats. An Absolute giant.

As for the Commonly accepted BS saying that " Bowhunting is harder". You guys have thrown that out the window this season with all the giant coues.

General tag holders will be hard pressed to keep up in the scoreing department.

Those Fobbs are interesting to say the least, and obviously they work.

I saw the monster 120's velvet on MM and was amazed, now this!!

Congrats to the hunter and good luck on the new world record!!

WOW.

That is cool he is hard horned too!

Congratulations on your trophy buck. Awesome story and photos. Thanks again for sharing.

:)

TJ

Back with the other giants you go........... :blink: :blink: . No i'm not loseing it!!!! lol well maybe a little Coues Crazy :lol: :lol: :P