hornhunter

my first bull

Congrats on the bull. It is aways better to take the sure shot than risk the one you are not sure of. Way to play it smart and get it done.

Aaron

Here is the other one Kolby and Crew took

50 + yard shot 2 mile pack out

Again Thanks Jerry, Heath and Bronson and the shooter Doug who I met a few years back who sent me an email when I was Chairman of the ABA asking what he could do to help with the ABA and if I new anybody that could show him some elk, New to the area from the Minnesota has only hunted elk one other time and he got taken for a lot of money from a outfitter from NM and no Elk. I invited him up showed him a few hundred elk over the last 3 years and we are friends for life, I kept telling him we only need a tag, it took him 2 years of putting in, makes you SICK some guys !! and I'm not their, I guess he wanted a real Elk hunter to take him and they did , but who would of thought a 27 rut tag in 2 years WOW !! but that's OK good friends and I don't have to help with the Pack Out.

2 for 2

Way to go Kolby and Doug

Jeff

Sorry I wasn't their

post-756-1252993189_thumb.jpg

post-756-1252993312_thumb.jpg

sounds like you had some of the best help you could ask for with that father and two sons hel[ing you guys. Congrats to the shooters as well they do the most important pary of the hunt.

thanks guys for letting us have the oppertunity to go with you! this was by far one of the best hunts that i have been apart of. the elk werent buglen that good bud with two great shots we had great sucsess. big congrats again!!!!!

I'd like to thank Jerry and Heath Hathcock for some great help on this hunt! I passed on a lot of bulls, almost got shots on some really big ones, and all despite the lack of calling and rut activity this year. Jerry Hathcock is the best elk hunter I've seen. I also want to thank Sheena and Preston for some good recommendations on water tanks.

I didn't get the bull I was after....although I did get off a shot at him...380ish bull. But on the 2nd to last day I ended up sitting some water and was able to stick a coyote and then take this nice 318" bull. I would have taken a spike had one come in so I feel very fortunate to have taken this bull. As he was coming in he winded me and ran back the way he had come. I made some kind of a noise to stop him and it worked. My first shot was at about 50 yds and went in a few inches back from his shoulder. I shot again and hit him in the hind end and luckily found a major artery. I could see blood gushing out as he ran. 5 minutes later I heard him hit the rocks. Here he is....

DSC00036.jpg

congrats on a nice bull. Way to stick with the herd, it really paid off.

-Ryan

The bull above mine was a miracle bull. Jerry called him in for Doug...he came in silently and stopped with just his face showing through the trees. He barked 5 times!!! and took off. Jerry was able to cow call this lonely bull back around and Doug stuck him through the heart! This guy had 60" main beams!!!

Mike