Michael1

Unit 21- HELP !!!... First time in Unit

I have drawn a Coues tag in Unit 21 for the Oct. 23rd hunt 2009 and need help as to where to start in this unit. Any help from someone who knows unit 21 will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys- Michael

Ya just ask EBB there are no more whitetail in 21 :P

OK, I'll share with you. You get into the unit and find this dirt road. Go down it to where it's washed out and pick your way through the washout. There's a great big mountain on your right , but don't hunt that one. It's all mulies.

You keep going another 3.47 miles and there is a barrel cactus on your right with the yellow fruit on it. (They love this stuff) Now park just around the bend and hike up that draw. When you get to where the two washes come together take the right fork about a quarter of a mile and then hike uphill to the bench above the creek. Now there is a big mesquite there and it's a good place to have your morning movement. (make sure you put the paper under the small flat rock. The small one, not the big one, there's a present under the big one)

Now about a hundred yards up the hill is a ledge which is a real good place to set up your big glass.

Now look across the drainage and you'll see some thick brush. It's fairly open below this down to the wash.

The secret here is that there is a seep down there and the deer will go across the open area from the cover to water.

Now I've never personally seen a deer here but it sure looks like it has potential.

EBB

OK, I'll share with you. You get into the unit and find this dirt road. Go down it to where it's washed out and pick your way through the washout. There's a great big mountain on your right , but don't hunt that one. It's all mulies.

You keep going another 3.47 miles and there is a barrel cactus on your right with the yellow fruit on it. (They love this stuff) Now park just around the bend and hike up that draw. When you get to where the two washes come together take the right fork about a quarter of a mile and then hike uphill to the bench above the creek. Now there is a big mesquite there and it's a good place to have your morning movement. (make sure you put the paper under the small flat rock. The small one, not the big one, there's a present under the big one)

Now about a hundred yards up the hill is a ledge which is a real good place to set up your big glass.

Now look across the drainage and you'll see some thick brush. It's fairly open below this down to the wash.

The secret here is that there is a seep down there and the deer will go across the open area from the cover to water.

Now I've never personally seen a deer here but it sure looks like it has potential.

EBB

that's the best description of how to get to 21 ever, but its actually spot on. except by the time October gets here there might be one or two more washouts... an the lil yellow fruits might be getting dried up.

Sent you a PM--i have the same hunt and don't mind giving you a starting point or two.

<_< Terry is a Party pooper :P

Michael,

If you didn't get the Idea

E-scouting is not a good first post

even if you did register last year ;)

Hope we get to see some pics of your success

EBB

that's the best description of how to get to 21 ever, but its actually spot on. except by the time October gets here there might be one or two more washouts... an the lil yellow fruits might be getting dried up.

also the little rock may also have been used :lol:

EBB

My Friend... I think you are mistaken, that is the directions to the bear finding spot, not the coues finding spot. To get to the deer, you go 7.43 miles past the washout and there is a barrel cactus on your LEFT with the yellow fruit on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EBB

My Friend... I think you are mistaken, that is the directions to the bear finding spot, not the coues finding spot. To get to the deer, you go 7.43 miles past the washout and there is a barrel cactus on your LEFT with the yellow fruit on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you completely sure about the 7.43 miles and the barrel cactus location???? I have looked at the other site and the directions I gave were exactly what they sent me when I drew the tag, and asked about where to hunt! You don't think they were Joshing me do you?

EBB

EBB

Are you completely sure about the 7.43 miles and the barrel cactus location???? I have looked at the other site and the directions I gave were exactly what they sent me when I drew the tag, and asked about where to hunt! You don't think they were Joshing me do you?

EBB

As you can see dont look for much more than a bunch of $hit when you ask about a unit. you might get some good input to get you started by a couple folks but generally the freaks come out and thier panties get all buched up.

I have never hunted 21 so I am just as much help to you as the others quoted above... Good luck to you though, and if Terry has info for you use it.

Hey Wade no panties for me I go commando. It's the internet for god's sake can't we have some fun.

:lol: :lol: nice one Josh. And Heck yeah you can have fun that is what I am doing. just at a different target ;)

Seriously though Michael when your first and only post is requesting information on a unit there are bound to be guys out there playing with you and it is to be expected I suppose. Look at it as an initiation of sorts. Read the topics here and get out there and share your experiences. With the exception of corn baggers and jealous guides (just kidding all) there are a bunch of good guys that share interests. All in all a very cool and interesting folk.

Peace all..