Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

34b

Besides all the cloths we found we also managed to find som bear poop in some of the washes on our scouting trip>..... Has any one seen bears that low down south???? Ill be sure to look for them when im glassen for my deer!!!!!

It is not uncommon to see bears down low when good food is available, or they are on the prowl for food. 2 years ago in early September, I saw a monster of a bear right next door in 34A at about 3500' elevation. He was right in the cactus and palo verde tree's.

There are bear in 34B. There are a couple big boys in there as well. We tryed to hut a big one that would tear up water tanks on a ranch in 34b. He would get to playing with the float that let water go in when the water would reach a certain level the float shuts the water off. Then it would make him angry i guess. he would tear the crap out of the tanks. I only saw him one time. His scat was as big as my foot. Lot and lots of lions as well so have a tag and know how to use it. HAHAHA.

I had a neighbor when I was growing up in Elgin and he hit a black bear out off of Rain Valley Ranch area while traveling down the highway just west of Whetstone, they're around, not too common though

There are actually quite a few bears in 34b, and usally every year around this time one of them gets hit on I-10 near Benson...