Sign in to follow this  
az4life

Speedgoat

I tagged out on my buck with this little guy Saturday about 15 miles from home. After helping my father in law fill his first hunting tag in 15+ years last weekend, I went out about 8:30 and got on a great buck just over the huntable fenceline. Watched him follow that line for over an hour and as he was looking like he was going to cross over I look back a the cows I've been hearing and see about 30 of them have my truck surrounded and are rubbing and licking it. I guess they thought it was a sweet ride? :lol:

Anyway I shoo them off and they make me move the truck and my setup to a different vantage point away from the cows, and as I'm heading that way I see a buck up on a hill about 250 away. This is a much more likely shot than the 600+ I thought the big one may or may not present so I decided to take the meat in the freezer. I stop and shut off the truck put the clip in the rifle and carefully crawl behind the bumper and take a shot as he starts to run. Not a great shot but he is down and back up as I got closer so one more running shot and it's done.

Anyway, one doe tag left but Winter is coming to Wyoming and I have some home things to do before snowfall then hopefully tag an elk later this month. Then I can go fill that doe tag...

post-11-1254695816_thumb.jpg

Congrats on a fine antelope!

funny you mention the cows surrounding your truck. I once worked on a wildlife project where I was doing some radio telemetry. In this one area, whenever I left the vehicle, there was a horse that would come over and mess with my truck. One time he tore off a windshield wiper arm! Guess he didn't like having my truck there.

Amanda

I know those cows were persistent and a friend had some of them take off a mirror on his vehicle a while back so I did not want that to happen. With that goat in the freezer, and the COLD SNOW and Wind this weekend I am going to be in the garage getting mu elk hunting gear ready to go for Wednesday when I get back from work!

The Snowy range near Laramie is where I'm heading and they are supposed to have about 12 inches tonight. Looking fwd to trying my new 1000gram Danners!