Sign in to follow this  
joeybari

Most dangers unit to hunt in the southern units

Ok there have been countless posts regarding how dangers it is to hunt down south because of the illegal’s and the drug smugglers. It seems that it has gotten worse over the years.

So tell me the unit that you think is the most dangers and why?

I would have to say 24A is. Well my reason why is well trust me just stay away :lol: :P

6A

might get bit by a rabid red rabbit

worse yet, you might get shaken down by a liberal tree hugger for all the granola you might have on you

Im going to go with any of the M units. blood thirsty liberals everywhere! Theres probaly the biggest concentration there.... :P

ManBearPig is the greatest threat this country has seen in over a week...

On the dangerous units,

I would say 35A/B and 36B/C would probably have the highest likelihood of an encounter.

I have watched 36C in particular deteriorate over the last 20 years at an amazing rate. It is now expected to run into illegals and drug runners everywhere you go in that unit, including the higher mountain passes. My family will not join me on my hunts down there due to the fear of falling vicitim to one or the other while I am away hunting. The trash piles and environmental disaster created, not including the devastating toll it places on game in the unit year-round, cause this to be one of the most dangerous units and one that you expect to run into illegals or drug runners everytime you go out. And yes, I think of them equally dangerously because their actions of being here illegally either way are criminal activities unto themselves, so who knows where their criminial activities and their limits are. I wish the bleeding heart environmentalists would quit turning a blind eye to these activities, but that would put them at odds with their myopic liberal idealogy.

But yes, ManBearPig is definitely a serious concern in this unit also. He has been spotted nearby. I am super serial!

I have not hunted all of the border units, but talking to people who hunt some of the others and my experiences, I would have to second the 35A/B and 36B/C. I was brought up hunting 35B, starting at 11 years old, and allowed to hunt by myself. Now, as an adult, I am leary about hunting the area by myself. The last year we hunted there we ran into several illegals that seemed to just be crossing. I have glassed up a couple groups of drug runners. I think the worst part though for hunting, although I am extremely glad to see it, is all the BP activity. I've seen BP repelling(SP?) out of helicopters which are constantly flying up and down the canyons, ATV's running up and down old mining roads that don't get any other traffic, and many other things that keep the deer spooked, even in the most remote areas of the unit.

JDH

Funny I have hunted 35b for a couple of years and I really did not see to much going on there (just luck or the Patagonians are just to hard to pass don’t know)

Now 36c was just a traffic jam in New York they were every were that was about 4 years ago

We have had briefings & informational meetings where I work (gov't agency) about working in any of the southern units & they say that the latest trends are that encounters are They also are saying encounters with uda's can occur all the way up to I-40 as this is a popular destination for a lot of them to go back east. Bottom line-- be careful wherever you are & don't assume because you are north of Tucson you don't need to be aware of your surroundings. >>>>---> Skeeter

My vote = 36C

I have seen hords of illegals crossing there. They walk along the main road (cant remember what its called), and jump into the bushes when BP drives by. Somehow they can tell if its a BP vehicle, because if its not BP they keep on walking while you drive past them.

I just wanted to add: Thank god game and fish took care of the Jaguar problem down in the 36 units. At least there is one less thing I have to worry about. RIP Macho-B. (JOKE)