I have been watching this fire blow up all morning, it now looks completely out of control, and very bad.

Is this a new fire, cuz the news this a.m. did'nt mention anything about it :rolleyes:

I am a little closer now and it appears to be north of cavecreek, quite a ways west of bartlett. I also have not heard anything about it, just been watching it from the I-17 & carefree hwy area.

Three hot shot crews have passed me headed that way.

I saw it on the channel 3 news yesterday evening, and thought to myself then that it looked like they were going to have a big problem. I've been looking at the smoke from my office window here in NE Phx on & off throughout the day, and I agree that it is looking pretty bad at this point.

With this weather, it may keep going for quite a while.... Darn those dry t-storms... :rolleyes:

S.

:ph34r:

The mountain is glowing orange, it looks bad from my house, and I am between lake pleasant and sun city, the desert is so dry right now that I think this is going to get real bad before the monsoons, I am praying for rain.

naturally occuring fire is just like weather. it has a purpose and the long term effects are always good. it's sure sad to see folks lose property, like homes and buildings, tho. sure spooky to watch a fire march toward you, too. we finally get a real good winter for rain and now the country is burnin' down because of all the dry winter foliage. i feel for the folks that are displaced and who have and will lose property, but in the long run, fire is a good thing. Lark.

I just wish the long run wasn't so long. :( I just hope that everyone's units are safe for this year atleast. :)

As bad as the fire season is going to be, maybe we hsould think about fireproofing the game cameras when we put them out.

Keith

I did not hear anything about the fire until late last night. Sure is smoking up the sky.

Keep us in the loop with your vantage point.

I am in the cave creek/north scottsdale area a lot and just kind of watched tjis thing blow up yesterday. I do think that it helps most wilderness areas in the long run, but I really feel bad for anybody losing property. I also wish these firefighters the best of luck fighting these fires.

Is it just me, or is the East Valley still thundering with clear skys? :(

it's just you cartman. did them aliens probe ya again? last time was a real fireball of an experience. :( it did rain a little last night out in creen queek, about 5 miles west o' my place. went for a dip in the cement pond about 830 or so and there was quite a bit o' lightin' n' thunder around to the northeast. i talked to my ol' man a couple days ago and he's predictin' a wet summer. he says this is the first year in a long time that the clouds have been moving in from the sierra madre down in ol' mexico, like they're supposed to. past few years what summer rain we got was all from the north. hope he's right. whatever, we need rain soon, or the whole state is gonna burn. Lark.

Lark and Gains are right on the money. Except for property damage, fires are a monsterous blessing for wildlife habitat. And the 'long run' ain't that long!

Pay attention to the recent burns. Seen the Rodeo/Chediski burn lately? Fabulous!

The timber damage is also a loss, but the Inviro activists won't let any trees get cut anyway. Dang it, the Apaches have logged the burnt timber on their side, but on the state side, the timber companies can't even sign a contract because of the invironmentalists. So mega tons of valuable wood will become rotton dead-falls.

This is not just an unfortunate problem - this is sinful!!!!!!!

If we don't thin the forests - nature will... at our expense.

Meanwhile, the unit 21 coues freaks are getting a fresh habitat remodel - in a really cool part of their unit. Trust me.

Mike

The big recent burn in 22 looks great also as does the unit 23, Coon Creek burn from 4-5 years ago.

Haven't seen the burn on Mt Lemmon yet this year, but that place is gonna kick out some big ol' bucks in the next few years.

Rembrandt I am at desert mtn. every so often and they had a shed collection there that was mainly picked up from the golf courses and the surrounding area, a few were coues mostly muley but they were all big, I haven't been there in a few months, but if I get back I will try to take some pictures, that fire is north of there so I would think that the deer will benefit, the deer that are around the golf course are well fed but maybe some will move back out of there if the habitat improves. I asked if I could play 18 and carry my bow, but they didn't think it was funny, plus with their membership and green fees it would probably be one of the most expensive deer ever taken in az.