This was our 2nd time hunting 24A for whitetail and we had some luck come our way. This is my brother inlaw's first big game animal. Congrats to him. I thought I would share with the coueswhitetail community because this site has been so helpful. Here is the story!

We glassed a hill all afternoon on opening day and at about 3:00pm Ron spotted two small bucks working their way over the top of the hill. We watched them for a little while as they wandered through the bushes and then back over the crest of the hill. We were about 420 yards from where they were and had to move into a better position. We circled around and down to a closer ridge over the next hour, keeping an eye on them as we crept ever nearer. Our friend ranged them at about 180 yards. Ron waited for quite a while for a good shot and finally at about 4:30pm one presented a side and stood still for a few seconds. Ron squeezed one off and hit him, but he didn't go down immediately. A few seconds later he popped up again about 30 yards to the left and just stared at us. The second shot dropped him where he stood. Then it was the steep climb to get to him and the half-mile uphill drag out.

post-2218-1257133794_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the buck but I'm confused as to who actually shot it. You first say congratulations to your brother-in-law on his first big game animal and then you go on to say how you shot it. What am I missing? :)

TJ

Hey I know that guy and that deer....Congrats to Ron now we just have to get you that bigger one. ;)

To everyone out there these two guys are about down to earth as they get....Great job Ron at glassing them up as me and Justin BS. :lol: