Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

First Called Bobcat

We braved the nasty weather today, and I called in and killed my first Bobcat! I've been calling steady for 6 years, and this was my first chance at a cat. She came in to a rabbit distress at the 4min mark on our first stand. It was cold and raining. The shot was 48yds with Remington 3-1/2 HD BB shot. DRT! This was the first time I used this load, I was very impressed!

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

Beautiful bobcat. That is something to be proud of! Cats are my favorite species to see coming to the call. I always get excited when I see one. Well done. Now go give your taxidermist half down and get that trophy mounted.

Guest 300ultramag.

how come people always pose with bobcats with the 2 legs in hand and the belly facing out?

Dude you forgot to call me AGAIN!! haha. just kiddin man. Congrats on the cat. We do need to get together and do some calling though.

Dude you forgot to call me AGAIN!! haha. just kiddin man. Congrats on the cat. We do need to get together and do some calling though.

Hey Blake,

I agree! We need to go do some calling.

how come people always pose with bobcats with the 2 legs in hand and the belly facing out?

To show off the belly spots and color of belly as well.

So you can tell if it is a big male of a female ? :)