Sign in to follow this  
SilentButDeadly

I propose a new scoring system!

has somebody been drinkin' tonite????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only cuz gang hunting and the promotion of artificial successes has driven me to it........LOL.

I remember when Mike Eastman started his "Mike Eastman's Outdoorsmen" magazine in 1987. He wanted to create a forum for the average electrician, plumber, etc... to tell his personal, I-did-it-myself story. He wanted the DIY hunter to be recognized and to be heard. He also ultimately wanted to make $$$ from it. The Eastman's Journal spawned the current trophy hunting magazine/DVD craze that includes MuleyCrazy, Trophy Hunter, Mossback etc..... Mike has completely deviated from his original goal....and is now a large part of the problem. We now have a full array of trophy hunting magazines/DVD's that fully and completely promote gang hunting and do-it-at-any-cost and not individualism and personal achievement and success. Ryan Hatch and Doyle Moss are the ring-leaders in this unbelievable movement toward the destruction of hunting (Oh wait....ain't we already there?). Why in the world would anyone admire that???

Maybe they should just make a new team sport The NAHL North American Hunters League ..... Up to 11 men/women in a team and put some refs out in the field to give penalties in the form of loss of hunting time when a rule is broken .... Wow that would get confusing would everyone need a camera for instant replay :lol: ..... The score is just as much a sign of respect for the beauty and splendor of such a deserving specimen of the wild as it is to the Hunter .... Let the scores stand ( i do agree with some kind of volume score but that wont be happening) and in the book list the hunter and all that helped in taking that beast so all will know if it was one lone hunter or a Hunter with a Posse ..... Don't think those guys who take pride in getting their names in The books will like to be only one of 12 listed behind the animal taken I would think it a vanity thing.....

You can't appreciate without a tape measure?

????? :lol: :lol: Can't sleep. Think I got Coues Flue :unsure:

OHH contrare my friend, wait till ya see the smile on my face from my ml buck photo, my Trophy FORKIE ML buck :) a giant that day lucky to go 30,

Appreciateing him more to cause it's the only rack our family slayed this year .

A team Sport huh? that would be cool, yes the books need a limit then an asterik like they got for other stuff. IE fences-some modern equipment

ohhh ggoott feevvvvvveeerr need sleep. arrrghh

Only 11? :(

"Ganghunting" I like that term. I can see Article now:

"The Northside Elks Slayers and their Posse have been Casing the hills and spying on this 400 class Bull for weeks. Today they led the assult on this Monster allowing the shooter, Better Than Thou, to bask in the glory of himself and others that give a $hit. When asked how much the gang charged to organize the massacre to realize this mans dreams, Better Than Thou was quoted as saying that " it would be considered expensive to most but not to me."

I don't know if I'm informed correctly? But the use of any electronic device to aid in a hunt would totally disqualify an animal from the books?

At least I'm certain electronic devices directly attached to your weapon dissqualifys a animal and hunter. I.E lighted bow sights, red dot scope, Scope with built in rangers. :huh: hmmmm

I would think radios, especially hands free ones used on spot and stalk would fall under those rules, maybe even trail cams?????

Someone that knows for fact should chime in. Quimby? :huh:

Yes, use of radios can disqualify entry into B&C recordbook.

Here is the statement regarding elecontronic gear. If you use any of these things, then it's considered ineligible for entry.

III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;

Yes, use of radios can disqualify entry into B&C recordbook.

Here is the statement regarding elecontronic gear. If you use any of these things, then it's considered ineligible for entry.

III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;

hmmmm......interesting......

Trophy hunting itself has nothing to do with it, i.e. I will hold out for a certain size.

Hunting with family and friends have nothing to do with it, i.e. My brother, his son, his son-in-law who has never hunted before and myself, go up together and sit on a ridge, glass for animals and enjoy each others company.

Having multiple individuals or groups, for pay or as fam&friends, spread throughout the unit scouting while the hunt is going on. Keeping in comunication with phones and radios and calling a hunter to their location for the kill, definately is pushing issues. Posse hunting.

Having a standing offer of money for the harvest of a found animal to anyone with info, i.e. The lakeside bull, the nevada outfitter war bull and the spider bull. Have all caused negative local and national press and make the nonhunting public turn their eyes and thoughts toward what we love to do in a negative way. Bounty hunting.

Having a hunter at home in another state, then combing the area until the target is located, calling him in and driving him to the animal for the shot, i.e. the spider bull is pushing issues hard.

Some of our most famous celebrity hunters push the issues, so be it. I feel it soils all of their accomplishments unfortunately. Gotta wonder how many more Kirt Darners, Noel Feathers, Jimmy Hustons are out there, again unfortunate but that's the pot they jump into.

The B&C has turned from an independent entity, to a political members club that spins press releases to protect their standing members and their ethics code, i.e. the spider bull.

From B&C themselves.

FRIDAY, february 6, 2009

MISSOULA, Mont.—The Boone and Crockett Club’s recent announcement of a new World’s Record elk has generated unprecedented news coverage as well as public craving for details about the giant bull.

spider

Let's translate; We here at the B&C have been hammered with negative feed back (public craving), because of unpresidented (negative) news coverage and need to put out a third press realease (eductional moment) to run damage control for our most famous member.

B&C is mostly about the member/hunter and less about the animal, totally oppisite of Teddy's vision. And no, they are not the driving force of all hunting we have now with TR as a good little soldier in their army. It was one vehicle TR made and used in his vision. Like all things, as soon as the founding fathers of something are gone, changes happen, good or bad. TR never had a scoring system, that came in the 50s.

For the original question, just go by main frame, width and main beam length. If all other racks fit inside, it's the WR.

I keep finding myself writing responces to issues or actions of those on this site and deleteing them, it's truly becoming harder to come here and not want to argue about some of the stuff written. Instead of deleting this one I'm posting and just stepping out like I had to do at MM.

Kent

Kent

:blink: Am surrounded by worms, the 50 gallon drum that just spilled :unsure: :unsure:

Last thing I think about is putting my name in a book. I look at measuring as way to tell how big the rack is. If I had a world record rack, you would not see my name in a book.

:lol: :lol: , well when you see him, don't shoot. call me so I can be the one, you can have the meat ;) .

Without the systems Desert bull. all would be exterminated, like the buffalo, and elephant herds used to be.....

You guys just kill spikes only so us who appreciate big bone can hang umm on our walls k. jk :P

No, I will shoot my world record, it just won't go into a book, especially if I have to pay a fee to to it. I don't shoot spikes and small forkies either.

Last thing I think about is putting my name in a book. I look at measuring as way to tell how big the rack is. If I had a world record rack, you would not see my name in a book.

:lol: :lol: , well when you see him, don't shoot. call me so I can be the one, you can have the meat ;) .

Without the systems Desert bull. all would be exterminated, like the buffalo, and elephant herds used to be.....

You guys just kill spikes only so us who appreciate big bone can hang umm on our walls k. jk :P

No, I will shoot my world record, it just won't go into a book, especially if I have to pay a fee to to it. I don't shoot spikes and small forkies either.

:D :D :D :D

Good topic. What I thought you were trying to say;

Excluding the 'guide' issue, when you do a DIY (do it yourself) hunt, it should be a 'do it YOURSELF' hunt. One on one, mono y mono, head to head. Father-son, father-daughter excluded. Having a trusted friend and huntin' buddy there is fine, but one hunter and 6-8 people helping you? It would be different if there were 6-8 hunters all helping each other.

This situation was inevitable with the decline in available permits and the ever increasing number of people trying to draw. When they don't draw, they hunt vicariously with those they go with. It does create an "over-crowded" look when you have say, 500 permits, and 2,000 people all prowling the woods.

For me, its DIY either solo, or 1-2 close friends.

If I missed the point, guess its more brews for me too...