Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

Great Processor in Tucson

Last year one of my students let me try some of his delicious elk jalepeno and cheese sausage that was done at Jonathans Meat Processing. I decided to give him a try this year and I was very impressed. I was able to drop my deer off late at night, and he was very friendly. His butcher shop was all stainless steel and was sparkling clean, which was quite a contrast from where I have taken my deer previously. He gave me a lot of options for how I wanted the meat processed and he didn't pressure me to get anything I didn't want. I didn't have to wait around for weeks and weeks to get it back. I was surprised to find the steaks were wrapped in clear wrap and then butcher paper. I feel that he did a much better job than what I was use to, and he did it for around half the price. I also love the fact his shop is just off of I-10. It use to take me an hour to drive all the way to the East side of Tucson to drop my game off and to get it picked up. I am posting this for selfish reasons. I want him to stay in business so I can continue taking my game to him. His phone humber is 349-9635.

I paid $85 to get my whitetail processed in Tucson this year. It took the butcher about 5 days to process the meat. If your guy is cheaper than that I will definitely go there next year.

He charges a flat rate of $65 for deer.

+1 Jonathon @ WGP in tucson does it right!! Great customer services and quality processing!!!!!!! He has done my meat for a few years and ive alwys been 100% satisfied!!!! As long as hes around he will always get my buisness!!!!!!

+1 been using him for a while does a great job..

Chris

I've been using WGP for years now. I bone out my deer and bring him what I want made into sausage. Courtney loves the snack sticks he makes. They are like slim jim's on steriods. Everything he's ever made has been good. He did butcher my elk for me this year and did a great job. Jonathan is a great guy.

+1 on WGP. He has done 5 animals for me, and has done a great job every time.

Can somebody post an address and the name of the business? (Jonathan's Meat Processing or "WGP"?)

I've never had an animal processed by someone else, but since I'll be visiting my wife's family after my deer hunt this month, it might be easier than trying to take it home to do it.

Oak,

It's a Coues' deer, just get yourself a package of tortillas and eat it on your way home. ;)

--Bill

Your best bet is to call Johnathan before heading over there to make sure he's on site. He has a full time job outside of the meat processing. If you google the Famous Sams at 2480 W. Ruthrauff Rd in Tucson his shop is in the area behind it. But I highly recommend you call first.

I've had some brats and sausage done and would recommend him.

cmc

Thanks, I know where Famous Sam's is. I'll call first.

Exit Ruthroff, then go about a half mile until you see the Famous Sam's. Turn left (north) just before it on a street called Cain. Take the second alley on the right, and follow it down until it T's. His shop is on the left at the T.

Dang, I think I've about found it, and I'm still in Colorado! ;) Thanks for the help.

post-3171-1260859567_thumb.jpg