couesarcher

What do you wear on your feet for a stalk?

I recently bought silent stalkers from Ross Outdoors.... I used them last week... They worked well and they are made in the USA

I usually wear some real thick wool socks. I have tender feet so the socks enable me to slow way down. I've tried the other methods but without feeling the ground like I'm barefoot I have a tendency to go to fast and not pay attention as much.

My friend wore wife sewn cammie fleece boots over his Danners,and killed a big mulie yesterday. Even with wet soil, he credits part of success to "sneaky feet." I went in earlier this month down a catclaw thick ravine in undershorts and socks, with one arrow. Only possible shot was at 38 yards ( too far, laser ranged later...yep, the joys of primitive gear). Buck was often at 20 yards, does 12, 15, and was unable to get a shot due to brush. Point is this: No way ever I could have done that approach in pants and boots.

We both are really tired of sound costing us opportunity, and I am hanging up the 50 cotton/50 nylon desert cammies till pistol season. "Swish,swish, swish, dang, they were right there!"

• Like 1

I use the carlton cat paws, but they are getting harder to find.

on the primitive side, Ive had one muley and one w/t jump the string on me at under 30 yards this season. uhgggg.