BigWave

Minox 15 users....question

I got my Minox 15's delivered from Cameraland last week. What a great deal on a real nice set of glass. I used them all weekend in southwestern Az scanning the desert for giant muleys. I was really impressed with them!

Does anyone make a winged eyecup type setup for them (like the Swaro binos have)? I called Cameraland and the guy I talked to didnt know of any. I figured if there was something made you guys would know. If not, I'll be trying to make something up. Thanks in advance!

Dave

Let me know if you find some ;) . A wide brim hat or shirt or towel draped over your head and binos works to different degrees too.

one thing I have found is the more I use them the more I like them. Good coice on a great set of binos.

Wondering if one could cut a cross section from a used bicycle inner tube and trim to fashion a wing. Slide the wing onto the outside of the Minox eyecup.

Wondering if one could cut a cross section from a used bicycle inner tube and trim to fashion a wing. Slide the wing onto the outside of the Minox eyecup.

Thants kinda what I was picturing doing if something isnt available. Not sure about the sizing, but what do ya think about altering a set of the Swaro 15 eyecups?

I love my Minox 15's greatest purchase I ever made from Cameraland.

They have let me down ounce though. I went to Colorado on a Mule Deer hunt and my focus nob would not work. I sent them back and it took about 6 weeks for return.

I know some people that use aluminum cans spray painted waith the bottom and top cut out.

If you find what you are looking for please feel free to pass on the info.

I haven't got these yet but I have been eying them. I don't know if they work on ALL glasses but it seems pretty universal. Let us know what you end up with and what works.

http://shop.kingsoutdoorworld.com/Eye-Shie...lars_p_161.html

-sam

That there looks like it might do the trick. I may try them. Thanks!

Just got mine last week and used them on a javelina hunt!! Man are they awesome. Glassed up a herd about a mile away...made the stock and took a nice boar at 32 yards with my recurve.

I was wondering if the swaro binocular lens covers would work???? The ones they sent are pretty pathetic and will not stay on the ends. Any advice from you guys would be great. Thanks, Jake

post-1186-1264012352_thumb.jpg

I haven't got these yet but I have been eying them. I don't know if they work on ALL glasses but it seems pretty universal. Let us know what you end up with and what works.

http://shop.kingsoutdoorworld.com/Eye-Shie...lars_p_161.html

-sam

That there looks like it might do the trick. I may try them. Thanks!

I have a set of these on my Minox 15s. They work good for blocking the sunlight on the sides but they won't help with any comfort around the eyes. They are only made for blocking the side glare. They have a tendency to come off pretty easily too. Finding a way to keep them on without losing them will be the trick. But they are better than nothing at all. This is just what I have experienced with them.

Brian