Sign in to follow this  

rain

Down here in Yuma we have had a little over 2" in the last 24 hours. Our average yearly rainfall is 3.75". So we may break that in a 5 day period. We really needed it bad a lot of the drinkers out here in 41 and 39 were dry. This should fill'em all back up. Should have a beautiful spring with all the desert flowers from these rains.

where the heck is the snowslide canyon? i clicked on the map of it and it apears to be nw of flag, halfway from I40 to the big ditch, neways 62 inches and climbing

NOAA's map shows it to be on the SF peaks, which would coincide with the 9700' elevation and snowcover. The lat/long must be wrong. Snowslide Spring is in the inner basin between Agassiz and Humphreys Peaks

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/mwmap.php...fgz&map=fgz

Anybody, drive by Badger Springs or Dugas today on I-17. Any snow on the ground? Take Care, JLG.

I came through Cordes today around noon & there is no snow on the ground, a little rain on the windshield. Didn't go by Dugas today, took 69 into Prescott. I usually take 169 over. I've been working in Phx. this past week. Thursday morning the wife called & said there was about 6'' on the ground; at noon she said the rain had melted that snow. So I suppose they might have gotten a dustin. Gotta love the storms of the past week!

pilgrim

They had over 7 inches of rain at Sunset Point, it is going to be very sloppy up there for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the updates guys, JLG.

In Yuma we ended up over 3.5" in 2 days. It was pretty consistant in all 3 of our valleys around here all being right at or slightly over 3.5". We got our yearly average rain fall in 2 days. Boy did we need it. It will be interesting to see what it does to the mule deer rut here in the desert. There has not really been any rut yet which is very wierd for our deer down here. Hopefully it will kick them into high gear.