Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

Youth javelina

well we went to go out for my friends junior pig hunt today and the beeline was closed :( so we turned around and pulled off in a random spot and got to a high point and started glassing. after about 30 min we found a herd of about 20 pigs. my dad stayed up on top and me and my friend took off after them. we got about 200 yds and was looking for them again but couldnt find them. my dad was telling us they are right in front of us and then 2 come out behind a bush and are fighting which was cool to watch and hear. well my friend wanted to get closer so we got to 150 yds because if we got closer we wouldnt be able to see them because of terrain. so he set up and i got the shooting sticks out and he DRILLED it! this is his first pig so we started jumping and high fiving it was awesome and fun to watch him get his adrenaline going... hearing him breathing so hard and shaking haha. but i started calling with my mouth to find out if they would come in. well they did and we were about 3 feet apart and 5 pigs go in between us. 1 was popping its teeth at us and i kicked it haha that was so cool. and i forgot to turn my video camera on :( but we had pigs close and that was the first time he had them that close he said it was the funnest thing he has done having them close enough he could touch them. we waited for my dad and then went up and got his pig. we had a great time

Congrats. That is pretty cool calling them in. I did it for a friend one time that had never seen it before and it scared him bad enough that he was ready to shoot because he thought they were going to charge him.

Congratulations on your pig but where are the pictures? :)

Got to have pictures.

TJ

haha i didnt upload pics before because i couldnt get them on my photobucket account. i was getting frustrated because it kept uploading a pic of my buck.... i realized i was clicking photo #1176 not 1276 hahahaha. so here are a couple. click on them to enarge them. he was a big ol boar.... probably about 55 lbs... thats just going off what mine and my dads weighed compared to his

URL=http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp66/deserthntr/?action=view&current=DSC01276.jpg]th_DSC01276.jpg[/url]

th_DSC01291.jpg