Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

What to Do.

Does any one have a B&C or P&Y book they can look up Clarion County PA

for typical and non-typical WT for me?

I tried the web sites and thought I was able to see the book before on one of them

but no luck this time.

I looked in my 2004-2006 B&C book and there were only 6 bucks taken from Pa between both nontypical and typical entries.None from Claroin county.

I looked in my 2004-2006 B&C book and there were only 6 bucks taken from Pa between both nontypical and typical entries.None from Claroin county.

Not what I wanted to hear.

Oryx is moving ahead but I better hurry.

I hate to cash in as it would be available if needed

and is pretty safe in it's current form.

Wish I knew for sure I had enough to pay the fees.

Maybe I will just wait till next year :(

The one good thing about is Oryx is that sure you put your money up front but if you don't get drawn then you get it back minus the application fee.......so you could still look at going to PA or camping out for a res tag later this year.......But if you did get drawn it is a fun hunt!!

post-660-1264812964.jpg

jeff

The one good thing about is Oryx is that sure you put your money up front but if you don't get drawn then you get it back minus the application fee.......so you could still look at going to PA or camping out for a res tag later this year.......But if you did get drawn it is a fun hunt!!

post-660-1264812964.jpg

jeff

Yea I know but I spent a bunch of money this summer and the plan did not pan out

so I am pretty much strapped right now for extra money.

I will just have to build another change container and start filling it I guess.

PA, has come along way in recent years though. They implemented antler restrictions in a lot of zones and/or counties back there, and the AR are really helping the trophy quality, just took a few years to start to make a difference. I agree though, if you are looking for a once in a lifetime "midwest" deer hunt, PA is probably not the place to go. But just like anywhere, if you have a little honey hole that doesn't get much pressure, it could be a great hunt, plus add that you know some people back there that keeps your costs down, it could be worth the trip. With a little research, you could grab some preference points over the next couple of years and go public land in Iowa. I've had buddies who have done public in Iowa (most public land back east sucks) and they have had a great hunt, mostly attributed to Iowa's management of their deer herd (low pressure=big bucks). However, I say go Oryx.

post-660-1264812964.jpg

jeff

Yea I know but I spent a bunch of money this summer and the plan did not pan out

I will just have to build another change container and start filling it I guess.

Or you could just sell me Amber and go on all three hunts? How 'bout it?

post-660-1264812964.jpg

jeff

Or you could just sell me Amber and go on all three hunts? How 'bout it?

If you payed the price I would sell her for:

you would have 2 daughters move in with you,

Put arsenic in your coffee a bit at a time

and I could hunt the rest of my life and never work another day.

EXCELLENT POST!!! ....whatever your decision, don't forget to update us during/after the hunt, picture heavy please!!!

DAN

I am leaning hard towards PA as it should be the least expensive.

But am trying to work out details to insure the best hunt possible.

Today is only Tuesday and I have $1.75 sitting on the desk already

for this weeks deposit in the container on Sunday.

I think it was $5.30 last Sunday.

If I can not make PA work the way I want it will be Oryx next year.

although I would love a Res. tag as well :rolleyes:

Oryx, no! yea Orxy, but the, No Oryx, yes Oryx