Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

Snow on Pinal Mtn.

Does anyone know if there will be access to pinal mountain this saturday? (by truck). Just curious to know how much snow is up there and if I can get up in there in the morning. Any info. is appreciated.

there was still alot of snow up on signal peak in the beginning of January, So after this storm who knows how much is up there now. SRP goes up there a lot to do work they might have plowed the road to do their work. I will be in Globe tomorrow I might try to take a ride up there if I do I will post some info for you.

Well there is still a lot of snow up in the pinals. I attempted to go up there but the road is pretty nasty. It started pouring down rain on us so my pregnant wife suggested we turn around and we had our daughter with us so I agreed. :( We didnt even make it up to the sulfide camp site probably not even half way there. There was a jeep in front of us that kept going not sure how far he made it up. The rain that was coming down up there today wont help it either and they could possibly get more snow up there. Saturday not sure how it will be definatley 4X4 needed not sure how far you can go up. I wish I could of gone further up to help you out with conditions but didnt work out.

post-3465-1264646383_thumb.jpg

post-3465-1264646410_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info. Since it is so snowy and wet, I think I will just go somewhere else. I want to hunt insead of just drive up there to turn around or get my truck in a mess.

Thanks again,

Good plan. A friend tried to get up there today with 4wd and lockers. A mile before Sulfide Del Rey he pulled out a 4wd tow truck that got stuck going up to pull someone else out. He then went with the tow truck to help the original guy, and then had to pull out the tow truck again and the original stuck guy. They never even made to to Sulfide Del Rey. With all that snow, I am sure that the deer have pushed lower anyway.

Mark

Does anyone have any recent info on this road?

Thanks,

Mark

It should be good to go Mark. ;)