Knifeboy

2010 January archery successes!

January is a lot of fun for archers;and it seems like the CouesWhitetail group was very successful during the archery season.

I wanted to start a new post where we could put all of our January archery success photos together in one. So lets see all of them, deer, javalina, bobcats, etc.

Just add a one line explanation and a photo. Remeber this is for 2010 only. We can do a vintage one some other time. I think it will be impressive to see what we have accomplished in the last month.

This is the Mule Deer I shot opening day!

post-824-1265043863_thumb.jpg

No deer for us, never went after them but we did tag out 3 pigs, Sister, Dad and I on 3 seperate days, it was the year of head shots for us

Sister's headshot pig

DSCN0503.jpg

My texas brain shot pig, he was facing almost directly away from me slightly quartering

DSCN0518.jpg

Dad's pig

DSCN0528.jpg

Well im prayen i get an elk or antelope tag cause if not its gonna be a long year!! Shot my pig the morning of Jan 3rd an shot my buck the following sunday Jan 10!

post-3086-1265078985_thumb.jpg

post-3086-1265079005_thumb.jpg

Killed my pig Jan 2. Crept up to a pig pile and shot way low. After getting the correct range, this one stayed put and was facing us so i sent an arrow its way. I learned a new lesson: trust your range finder, not your hunting partner :P Hit right on target that time :D

post-2660-1265084656_thumb.jpg

This is my 2010 mule deer buck . Could'nt resist now i gotta sit out the rest of the year,( it sucks already!) Nothing like killing something with your bow though! Killed him on the first morning I went out. The next few days I was trying to help my brother and my dad get a nice 3x4 I had seen a couple times . I did'nt put in for pig this year it just slipped my mind,but as usual you see them all over when you deer hunting! So with one week left to hunt them I decided to buy a leftover tag. Went out two afternoons and got a pretty big sow. Now what? The long wait!!post-3418-1265192602_thumb.jpgpost-3418-1265192630_thumb.jpg

Congrats to everyone with early '10 bowkills!

I got this bobcat with my bow at about 10 yards on Jan 16 2010 while deer hunting.

post-3174-1265209164_thumb.jpg

post-3174-1265209229_thumb.jpg