PRED8R

Cellular trail cam

I'm going to get one of these. Are there really only two different types out there? Which one is better? I'm not worried about cell coverage and all that junk, but who has some real experience with these, user interface etc?

I don't have any experience with these because I love the Covert trail cams. Here is what I do know about these. From the TV show Monster Quest they used one but you can only get 2 miles away but that was that model so I don't know about others. I would love to see what you find out and I am pretty sure you have to pay a monthy charge for the coverage. In my opinon you would save tons of money just buying the normal ones and you could actually buy like 4 of them for what I believe one of the Cellular ones go for.

We have been using the Moultries with great success. You get a picture sent right to your cellphone and computer about thirty seconds after the pic is taken. I am sure my partner will chime in and give even more info on the subject. David

If you want to know all about the Moultie System, like David said, Send me a PM and I will answer all your questions about it. We have been using it for almost a year, and it is great tool to use. There are a few different rates of which you would pay, which I can explain to you if you want! Ben

I will add more info about it later for everyone to see!

Here is the info for you on the Moultrie Game Management System! If you have any other questions, let me know!

Game Spy Game Management System

Can you imagine being able to view pictures your game camera takes without having to physically go out there to change memory cards? The new Moultrie Game Spy Game Management System allows you to do just that from the comfort of your home, office . . . anywhere with internet access. When you need to know what's going on around your game camera, you can check on your hunting land by simply logging on to a web site. Dramatically cut down on the trips you have to take, the gas you have to buy and the scent you leave behind with the Moultrie Game Spy Game Management System. The game management system consists of three components: the game camera, the cellular modem and the web site.

Innovative Game Cameras

Moultrie’s new line of game cameras is designed to be compatible with the Game Management System. Each camera features the latest in scouting technology. The Game Spy I-45 and I-65 models feature virtually invisible infrared technology, and the Game Spy M-45 and M-65 white-flash cameras capture color nighttime video. All come ready to connect to the wireless cellular modem, part of the Game Spy Game Management System.

Wireless GPS Modem

Once you plug the modem into your game camera, the AT&T cellular network gives you the ability to wirelessly transmit images from your new game camera to your private-access web site. The GPS modem connection also allows you to change your game camera settings or check the battery status, even from your internet-capable cell phone or PDA.

Private-Access Web Site

You can easily access the game management web site using your computer, PDA or cell phone. Once there, you have private access to a web page where you can see photos, check battery status or even change the settings on your game camera. You can also upload images captured at your favorite hunting spot, and plot and view locations of game activity using GPS coordinates. If you'd like to be one click away from 24/7 access to your game photos, get into the Moultrie Game Spy Game Management System.

I was talking to them the other day and they said that they are looking into adding other cellular carriers, like Verizon this year. They are also looking at adding a feature that would allow you to take a photo from your computer. I will keep you all posted when they add those changes. The cellular Modem has way more power than your standard cell phone. I have used it where we can't get coverage with ATT and it works fine. If your are going to get the setup, make sure you get a solar pannel! Once you put batteries in the camera and the Modem, hook up the solar pannel, you will not have to change batteries for a very long time. I can't tell you how long, I just know mine have been in for 9 months and still going strong. Ben

Moultrie Game spy system is the one we have found to work the best and for the price you cant beat it. Great job Ben at explaining, just saved me an hour of typing!

Eric

I looked at them, just don't trust the service. If the cam is in a deep nasty canyon do you think it would still get service. My current cell phone is with AT&T and I loose service about a hour from home. How has the service been for you?

I will tell you that the service is way better then your ATT cell phone. Its worth trying. If it dont work send it back but keep the camera!

buckeye is another brand of wireless trail cams. i like the idea of using my smartphone to get pics. you can use a cell service or not. you can use the wireless option and go straight to your computer or smartphone within two miles of said camera.

are you able to purchase single service then add as many cams to to that one service? or is like one cam per service agreement?

You can use as many cameras as you want, but you will only have one cellular modem. It will only transmit your photos on the trail camera you have it hooked up to. You will need a second one if you want to transmit with two. I usually move the cellular modem to a different camera location from time to time.

I would start with just one starting out untill your are sure it works for you and you like how it works, then add more to it if its for you