CouesWhitetail

Sign her up for the NFL!!

Went up with the husband and dog the other day to play in the snow around Timber Camp. My husband tossed snowballs for Julie and she was doing a bunch of amazing leaps to catch them! I should have gotten some video, but by the time I thought of that she was exhausted and the leaps weren't as impressive.

Anyway, here are some pics of her trying to catch snowballs. She will leap and twist any way to catch them, even if it means landing on her back!

In several of the pics you can see the snowball in the air or crashing apart in her mouth. Guess I needed to use the "sports action" setting on the cam to get better pics!

post-1-1265406206_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406217_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406240_thumb.jpg

this one is already in her mouth:

post-1-1265406249_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406273_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406281_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406308_thumb.jpg

post-1-1265406288_thumb.jpg

she even went after snowballs that we threw into the icey creek! That frigid water didn't seem to bother her a bit!

post-1-1265408086_thumb.jpg

Oh, and here she is after she is exhausted and sleeping next to her stuffed toy!!

post-1-1265406396_thumb.jpg

You definitely have got to get her out one more time for some video. :D

TJ

here is a link to a little video, it's after she is already pretty worn out from the hike and playing earlier, so the leaps aren't nearly as big, but still you can get an idea:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/...e_snowballs.wmv

Can't wait to get home from work to show Peg. She'll get a kick out of Julie. :D

TJ

Now we know what they mean about living a dogs life.... Sign me up!

Julie definitely has a nice life, although she is currently healing up a 3/4 inch diameter hole in her shoulder from hitting something (barbed wire fence I think) while chasing a rabbit full speed. It amazes me she doesn't come home with broken bones everytime we go out. She goes full speed through everything! Catclaw thickets...cliffs....barbed wire fences....she is a force of nature!

Lucky for me she slept with her hurt shoulder down in the pic of her sleeping or you guys would think I abuse the poor girl!

Amanda

Hi Amanda, it's Peggy. Tom just got home from work and Tom showed me Julia and the snowballs. She is hilarious. She would be a better catcher if Paul was a better thrower. :lol: :lol: Hi to Paul for me.

Peggy

Hi Amanda, it's Peggy. Tom just got home from work and Tom showed me Julia and the snowballs. She is hilarious. She would be a better catcher if Paul was a better thrower. :lol: :lol: Hi to Paul for me.

Peggy

LOL!! I agree!! And I will tell him Hi for you :)

Amanda