Sign in to follow this  
Idahocoueshunter

Sheds display

I see lots of shed hunters on this forum and I myself collect sheds form all of the deer species. Mine just adorn my office or a corner of my house. I am guilty of selling some to chandiler and furniture makers. Most of mine are singles and don't have a pairing match. Do you display them somehow? What do you do with all of the ones that arn't grade A or chalky? I have a huge pile of weather beaten ones that were just too old to have indoors, but I couldn't just leave on the hillside either.

Craig.

I don't know what to do with them either. :lol: The ussually sit inside for a while, then move to the garage, and then out to the back yard. :( I would like to put them to a good use besides hanging on the walls. I guess I could start hanging them on the side of my house, but don't think the neigbors would like that too much. :D

I had a bunch of chalks lining a side walk and a planter. They looked pretty cool, but unfortunately someone decided they would look better at their house. Sorry son of a gun didn't even use our gate, jumped the fence, leaving a size 13 foot print in the mud. We looked all over the place for them, still SOL. A guy would have to be one sorry MF'er to brag on horns that they didn't even find themselves. Still fires me up, please excuse my language. Tonto

I had a bunch of chalks lining a side walk and a planter.  They looked pretty cool, but unfortunately someone decided they would look better at their house.  Sorry son of a gun didn't even use our gate, jumped the fence, leaving a size 13 foot print in the mud.  We looked all over the place for them, still SOL.  A guy would have to be one sorry MF'er to brag on horns that they didn't even find themselves.  Still fires me up, please excuse my language.  Tonto

That's stooping pretty low. What did they think they were going to do with them? That's a pointless crime IMO

I have been collecting left sided elk sheds from about 340" class bulls. When I find a round tuit, I will make a chandelier. I figure that your coues deer sheds would make a nice chandelier also. I can't believe the price of those chandeliers in the catalogues and shops.

Has anyone made these and figured a way to drill the antler core around the horns curvature?

RR

What about cutting a groove the length of the antler, and then filling it with something. I think it would be almost impossible to drill a hole around the curves. I was thinking about making a lamp out of the ones I just found, but don't want to ruin an antler trying.

I have a buddy that has some nice horns in his yard. He came home one day and one of his horns were missing. There was a note and 20 bucks. Note said "I figure this would cover the horn, thanks."

My father and I only keep the best ones. Sell the rest to the antler buyers.....:P pays for some gas to get out there and find more.

Hey Doc,

I could only see the the top half of the pic, or now that I think about maybe thats all you you wanted it. Nice collection any way.

:huh: