Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

ISE show NEW gadgets/gear

hello - I guess this is for all the guys/gals who visited the ISE this past weekend -

I came accross a super cool idea - IN my opinion - I'm a pretty hard sell when it comes to new stuff but i got to admitt i didn't hesitate to whip out some cash and buy. How many of you seen the new Bow Holder called Hipbone It can bee seen at www.TacticalArcherySystems.com along with their new dot site.

Super easy way to carry your bow in the field ! check it out - I already mounted mine on my bow Gary

Looks pretty useful. I predict many knockoffs. I love to see some good old boys coming up with something useful like this, but even if they are fortunate enough to obtain a patent, they probably won't be able to defend it. I would HOPE to see people buying the original rather than saving 5 or 10 bucks on a copy - just because I think innovations like this really open the door to average guys who love to hunt making a way for themselves.

I have nothing to do with the company that makes or sells these, and I've never seen one up close. This post is the first I've heard of them. But when I look at some of the best gear I currently use (double bull blinds, slick trick broadheads, etc.) many come from hunters like us who have a world of gizmos and whatnots to choose from and, but eventually stumble onto something useful that hasn't already been thought of.

I'm looking forward to checking one of these out. I've never liked any of the bow slings or scabbards, but find myself always carrying my bow around by the string and wondering why there isn't something better. Maybe they're on to something here. Good idea anyway and kudos to the guys that put some brain power into coming up with something new AND useful (potentially).

I have seen another system I liked better, but don't know what it was called. It was just a simple kind of U-hook that went on your belt and you could hang your bow on it. It was covered in felt to be quiet. that is one thing I didn't like about the hipbone is that it was fairly noisy to put your bow in and take it out. And it's a tight fit so it's a little harder to to without looking at it to get it in right. I forgot which friend of mine had the other item, if I remember I will post it too.

hello - Thanks Amanda - I've carried my bow for a lot of years with the U shaped belt holder. After reading your post about the noise - i got out my foam type mole skin and lined the ball holder - It really made it a lot quieter - Just some things we need a little reminder to think of making things a little better -

ps. kinda like using my cell phone yesterday - lol - thanks agin - Gary

I've never been a big fan of these (or similar) bow holders. I don't like the idea of my bow string rubbing against my pants (unnecessary wear on the bow string) or having weeds get caught in my cams. I prefer to just carry my bow in my hands. I do however see a use for them when I stop to glass (needing two hands), hanging the bow on a hip holster is a better option then resting the cam on my foot/ground. But to each his/her own.

I wouldnt use that I like the primos bow sling for carry. And Bowlegs are a great tool that keep your bow upright when stopping to glass on a stalk