Sign in to follow this  
Rembrant

General consenses

Gee, I wonder what the guys on this forum would think about Obama's push to eliminate the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the armed forces. Any vets out there? What say you?

Mike

Mike, can you elaborate a bit?

I do not watch TV and have not heard about this on the local radio.

Think you already know how I will feel about anything he does,

Except resign and don't forget people what Lark says.

Just pleasing the base. The problem with gays in the military isn't on the battlefield, it's in the barracks. You have 60 men in one room during basic. You eat, sleep sh!t and shower together. Now how do you put openly gay men in the mix without some serious problems? Do you give the gays separate barracks? Do you punish those who do not want to be housed with gays? Can you really expect some 18-19 yo men won't be very uncomfortable with it? I would have when I was in. Maybe we had gays in our barracks, but they kept it to themselves. I think don't ask/don't tell is the best system so far. I don't feel the need to go around discussing my private life, and I don't really care to know about other's.

I think we should have a whole division of gays in the armed forces.

After we get done kicking some thug dictators butt, we send in the gays to tidy up and redecorate the place.

I think we should have a whole division of gays in the armed forces.

After we get done kicking some thug dictators butt, we send in the gays to tidy up and redecorate the place.

Holy smokes, thats funny right there! :lol:

I'd say it's more important that you shoot straight than that you are straight. But even if it made a difference in combat units (which I'm not sure of) a lot of the people who've been discharged under this policy fullfilled mission critical functions apart from trigger pulling (e.g. interpreters, analysts, etc.)

It'll sure give new meaning to the phrase "I got your back!"

Obama has been pushing to allow gays to openly serve in the military. Recently Defense secretary Robert Gates has said that he supports the idea and that we need to figure out how to get it done.

The military is totally against it.

As the LAW stands, gays are not allowed to serve in the military. Pres. Clinton came up with the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Which means if you are gay, just keep your mouth shut and you are OK to serve. This is absolutly wrong. Kinda like it's OK to drive drunk as long as you don't get caught.

We should either uphold the law or repeal it; now some folks want to repeal it.

Heard a story told yesterday by a retired military chaplin. He said a marine was exiting a shower and was slapped on the behind by another naked marine (gay). after being slapped on the butt, the first marine decked the homo rendering him unconcious. He then immediately reported the incident to a superior officer to face assault charges and to his surprise found that the homo was to be charged with the assault. Perfect.

But how 'bout in the future when the officer will be a homo?

If you think that my drunk driving analogy is a bit over the top, consider that the male homosexual lifestyle is a most dangerous lifestyle - right up there with interveaneous drug users. Marines, soldiers, chaplains, and medical people must hold and carry wounded and bleeding men in their arms to do their jobs. How will this work when homosexuality is prevelant in our armed forces? Will you sign up? Will you encourage your sons to sign up? Will medical people and Chaplains sign up?

I'm telling you, Obama is catagorically, step by step - PURPOSELY, working to dismantle this great nation.

Mike

It'll sure give new meaning to the phrase "I got your back!"

or "I'll cover your six!"