Sign in to follow this  
coueshunter

Rocky Point Problems?

I need help convincing my sister in-law that it is safe as possible to go to Rocky Point. She has seen all the negative media on Nuevo Laredo and gang problems. Has anyone seen/heard any problems going to Rocky Point that would make it unsafe for a family to go down there on school break in October? Thanks...................Allen........

THE FAMELY AND i GO DOWN ATLEAST TWO TIMES A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM .NOTHING BUT A GREAT TIME .EVERYONE DOWN THERE ARE EASY TO DEAL WITH AND MOST ALL SPEAK ENGLISH ITS A COOL PLACE TOGO . NEVER BEEN THERE DURING SCHOOL BREAK HEARD IT CAN GET BUSSIE WITH PEOPLE.

BRUCE

Thanks guys. I go there all the time to, but with a freaked out sister in-law, I am trying to see if recently there has been any problems like what happened in Nuevo Laredo where quite a few federales were killed in a drug gang related issue. She lives in Texas and I think they saw reports of the Nuevo killings and she now doesnt want to go to Rocky Point..........Thanks.......AT.......

I'm like AZGRIZ, you couldn't give me anything in the world to get me down there. I like the good 'ole USA, if I can't get it here, I don't need it. :P

I did have a buddy get stuck down there when the shrimp catchers were holding the border hostage. He said he has never been so scared in his life. When someone would try to four wheel past the road block, they would run them off the road farther, and beat the tar out of the driver. :P

I go to Mexico at least once a year. If you are going to go to Mexico and you don't speak spanish then Rocky Point is probably about the best place to go. Something bad happens in one place and then everybody thinks that it is like that in every part of Mexico. Nuevo Laredo is a long way from Rocky Point. Just don't do anything illegal and you shouldn't have any problems with anybody. I've never heard of anybody having any problems in Rocky Point. The state of Sonora is pushing tourism from the U.S. side real hard and Rocky Point is probably you're safest bet in Mexico. Just use common sense and don't be careless. I would love to go down there more often.

Allen,

I have travelled in Mexico for 35 years. The Tourist towns are usually not a problem as long as you follow a few good rules.Example( Do not travel after dark down some back street ). I go fishing in a place about a two hour drive south of Rocky Point.This is a very remote place were they are having bad drug smuggling problems right now. I was down there the first of june and about 9:00pm after dark,a hummer drove up the beach with no headlights on. They drove up to are camp and about 10 federales with machine guns totally surrounded our camp. They went through are whole camp. After about 45 stressfull minutes they said everthing was ok and that they were looking for drug Runners. If the Surf fishing was not so darn good down there, I would be a little more reluctant. But like I said, the tourist towns are safer.

Noel

Allen,

I go to Rocky Point 3-4 times a year and I have yet to have a problem. My favorite times to go are in the off season, it seems to be a bit more relaxing.

Luke Adams

Allen,

I go to Rocky Point 3-4 times a year and I have yet to have a problem. My favorite times to go are in the off season, it seems to be a bit more relaxing.

Luke Adams

He's lying, he is in some sort of trouble every time he goes!