azcoues

crappie turning on at san carlos

my uncle hit san carlos yesterday got on lake at 10am little windy only caught 2,then fom 4pm-till dark caught 14 more with 8 or so being big females,caught on ddg 1/4 ounce jig tipped with minnow suspended at 10 ft over 14 ft of water got dark on him and he went home,Iwiil go saturday and see what the scoop is,later.

First off, thanks for the reports all, I'm getting excited with all the new water this year. How's the road into Mohave or the drop off into the SC arm?

Thanks in advance,

John

First off, thanks for the reports all, I'm getting excited with all the new water this year. How's the road into Mohave or the drop off intot he SC arm?

Thanks in advance,

John

The road into Mohave is pretty rough. This first main wash where the old vehicle is buried in the sand has been washed out some and is rough to cross. Depending on the length of your boat, ;you could drag the back end. We go through it with our boat and we drag the license plate.

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian. Hopefully I'll be out there by early next week.

John

The debris lately hasn't been terrible. Some trees and limbs here and there. There is quite a bit of saw dust on the water. Seems like most of the debri has been pushed to the shorelines. Guess it just depends which way the wind blows and pushes the debri.

Brian

My buddy went down Saturday and caught 4 . He said they were in 25' of water suspended at around 12' . Hopefully it's a litte better when he and I head down there Wednesday...

Anybody go hit SC this last weekend?

I read a couple reports from this past weekend from different sites. I guess it was pretty windy on Sun and just a handful of boats landing a few fish at best. Hopefully this warming trend will kick start the bite. The water level is almost exactly where it was at it highest level last year with more snow melt to come.

John

Headed out tomorrow morning for 3 days...hopefully we'll find a few slabbers... ;)

Good luck !!! Went down there yesterday and caught 3 but had a good time regardless .....