azcoues

crappie turning on at san carlos

My uncle is a fishing guide and says they are catching TONS off of the bank. So if you guys ain't doing good in the boat try off the bank. ;)

My uncle is a fishing guide and says they are catching TONS off of the bank. So if you guys ain't doing good in the boat try off the bank. ;)

I've always had good luck fishing from the bank at SC.

I was out yesterday and it was extremely slow. No fish for either my dad or myself. Others we talked to had zero or at most a couple.

I tried to go down to San Carlos this weekend but the boat had other ideas. So the boat is in the shop. Had to settle for trout at Cluffs Pond. Maybe next weekend.

My Dad talked to a guy coming through Safford and he stated that they caught 7 crappie on jigs. This was on Friday when the wind was howling.

We fished SC Friday and Saturday, Zero bites for crappie and Bass. We fished with the entourage for about 2 hours only saw one fish get caught. Hit the shallows and threw jigs, beetle spins, minnows...nothing :blink: . Threw spinnerbaits, senkos, craws, crankbaits, fished main lake points, secondary points, backs of the coves...nothing :blink: . But the steaks were good, the company was excellent, and the adult beverages were oustanding. ;)

Water temp was around 59 degrees, it still needs a couple of good hot days, I think...

We fished SC Friday and Saturday, Zero bites for crappie and Bass. We fished with the entourage for about 2 hours only saw one fish get caught. Hit the shallows and threw jigs, beetle spins, minnows...nothing :blink: . Threw spinnerbaits, senkos, craws, crankbaits, fished main lake points, secondary points, backs of the coves...nothing :blink: . But the steaks were good, the company was excellent, and the adult beverages were oustanding. ;)

Water temp was around 59 degrees, it still needs a couple of good hot days, I think...

So what you are saying is that you guys caught some largemouth buzz? :blink: ag

Everything I've heard about SC has been really bad this year. Know some guys who went out for Crappie and ended up shooting carp with a bow all day - they had fun for sure, but no crappie fillets.

Took the family to Roosevelt Wed thru Sunday and fishing was VERY slow. We caught a total of 3 bass in 4 days of fishing, two being under the slot. Couple more weeks to warm up, or go with Standman if you want to eat fish. ;)

So what you are saying is that you guys caught some largemouth buzz? :blink: ag

:lol:

Thats the great thing about fishing. Even if the fish are not biting you can always catch a Bzzzzzzzzzzz.!

But not on the boat of coarse.!