SB1200 HR2189  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What do sportsmen think?

• support the bill
    • oppose the bill

Good to know and thanks. I have just been paranoid since the last mess when we were all showing up at the meetings with our pitchforks. I do see that having sportsmen with input during a liberal administration would be helpful. I really hate to read the stuff on Utah and just gave up going to a certain forum for that reason. Keep up the good work.

Well, the bill has made it through the Arizona legislature! Next stop is the Govenor's office.

Cool! And the Governor has already promised to sign it ASAP, if I remember right.

For those interested, it passed the house in a 36-19 vote.

Amanda

I wholeheartedly supported this bill. It was a necessary step in change needed to put the power back in the hands of those that make the most difference....the sportsmen. It was a fallacy to have former commissioners get on here and proclaim any sort of "fair political" process to appoint former commissioners. The every day sportsmen had no idea how these appointments took place. It was outside of their every day interactive process. It was unrealistic to expect most sportsmen to give their voice in that setting. That is exactly why we as sportsmen need to have an arena to congregate together and voice our opinion in an environment the majority are comfortable in, such as Sportsmen Groups. Now, we as Sportsmen, should do our part and get involved with these Sportsmen groups so we can have our say and start representing our sport more accurately to not only other sportsmen but to the non-sportsmen alike.

I got an email from the NRA that the Constitutional Amendment regarding the right to hunt and fish also passed through and is awaiting signature.

Guest spcheuvront

Sprotsmen;

Has the governor signed the bill or is there a problem?

Steve Cheuvront

Steve,

The bill was signed by the Governor and so it is now law.

here is the email from Pete C. (AZSFW)

To All: Once again thanks to all of you who have worked to help us pass SB 1200 / HB 2189. This morning Governor Brewer signed the legislation. Special thanks to Governor Brewer and her staff for being willing to support the efforts of Arizona sportsmen and women.

We now have another responsibility, to insure the changes brought about with this legislation, will work for wildlife, the G & F agency and the people of Arizona.

Those of you who have been active in support of Arizona wildlife will be counted on to continue that commitment. Our adversaries and even some among us have put forth many opinions on why this legislation is bad and that it won't work. I'm betting on you to prove them wrong, your track record shows this isn't a gamble, and we will continue the sportsmen and women's positive record of 100 years of American Wildlife Conservation. This is a time to work for wildlife and focus on the coming 100 years, let's partner together to insure that happens!

Pete

PS: With a vote of the full Senate HCR 2008 will move to the November ballot. The NRA's effort to pass a Constitutional Amendment to Hunt and Fish must be supported by all of us! I urge you to immediately ask your Senator to vote YES on HCR 2008. More to come....

Guest spcheuvront

Thanks Amanda:

Thanks to Pete C. and all the people who made this happen.

GOOD JOB guys

Steve Cheuvront