Sign in to follow this  
justinspe25

New Rifle

I ordered a new rifle and it came in last Friday. So I am anxiously waiting to get off work to hussle down there to get it and find out that my drive's license address has to be current. Dang it! So i go to the MVD and they close at 5:00 pm and it was 5:01 when I was standing at the door. Dang it! Then I read the sign that says this office is closed on Saturdays. Triple Dang it!! So i got my lic. updated online and now I anixously waiting for that to come so I can go it.

Had to learn the hard way, but now I know.

I got the Marlin XL7 30-06. I can't wait to check it out.

It shouldn't take very long at all to receive your new license maybe a day or two. I kinda know how you feel, the last gun I ordered the place calls me when its in (Almost closing time) and there is no way to make it there to pick it up before they close and the next 2 days I would not be able to get it either with the work schedule. It was a long 3 days to pick it up.

Well see thats what you get for shooting that monster you got last year. I can't wait to get back out there with you bud. I had a great time with you and Ron and we MUST do it again. Good luck on the gun and TAKE your time sighting it in. ;)

Are you scoping it right away? Our 270 WSM has been in the safe since X-mas. I'm trying to save money for a scope before we shoot it. Getting a new gun is always cool and there always seems to be something in the way that delays enjoying it. Hope it's a good shooter for you.

Well DUG that was the plan, but my wife's redecorating project went over budget. So now like you I am going to have to save for awhile. i hope it is not long.

My driver's lic. has a PO Box on it which is why I carry my Voter Reg card when purchasing a firearm. Its actually pretty funny. I hand over my license and Voter Registration card and they immediately hand me back the card telling me they don't need it until they notice the PO Box then ask for it back.