Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Tikka .25-06

Anybody out there shoot a Tikka .25-06 with factory ammo? I am just staring and was wondering which factory ammo that shoots better (at least I can start with).

Redman

I have a weatherby vanguard in 25-06 that shoots good. I know its not a tikka but I thought I would let you know what shoots good in it. This target was shot with federal premium ammo, 117gr sierra gameking. This is the only ammo that I have shot through this gun because it was accurate enough for me. I shot a small mule deer in November last year and he stopped dead in his tracks. The shot was 200 yards but I never found the bullet so I couldn't tell you what it looked like afterwards but it did the job.

post-2785-1269389767_thumb.jpg

I shoot a Kimber 25-06. I loved the Federal 110 grain AccuBond rounds..........but Federal quit making them. I switched to Winchester 110 grain AccuBond and they shoot just as well. I have taken 2 mule deer with them.

I cant hit the broad side of a barn but thats not the rounds fault. They pattern really well of a dead rest.

Just my 2 cents.

Each rifle is different. I have one in 30-06. It's a 200 yd MOA if I do my part.

I agree, but I may as well start with what has worked best for somebody else.....maybe I can get lucky!

Redman