CouesWhitetail

EyeShield for your Binoculars

Here is a new product to help eliminate glare while you are glassing. These are rubber flaps that attach easily to any binocular and they eliminate any glare coming into your eyes at the sides. You know how you always have to pull your hat over to one side to block the sun while you are glassing? Well, this is much more effective way to cut that light coming into your peripheral vision.

They fold down out of the way when you don't want them up.

check them out:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/eye_shield.htm

Amanda

Amanda,

I just saw the commercial for these on one of the hunting channels this weekend and started kicking myself square in the rear! I have thought about making something just like these since I started glassing. I would go on but I have to go and start working on some other Top Secret ideas I have before someone steals them too! :lol:

Your killing me Amanda I will take a pair for my 15x56 swaros.

I will call you this evening and see if you wil be there.

I made a pair of these a while back out of 1/16 rubber gasket material. They worked ok but didnt last and had no good way of adjusting for different sizes, i might have to give a pair a try, the swaro winged cups are ok but could be so much better

I have a pair of these. They do work pretty well, unless you want to use the lens covers that came with your binocs as they wont fit over these. If you use a bino pouch they're great. But if you use the factory lens covers - ellos no funcionan (they no worky) ;)

Moral of the story - get a pair of these and the Alaskan Guide Bino Pouch from Amanda and you'll be big pimpin.

Kevin

Amanda,

Not with mine (Swaros). That was the first thing I checked - and it was a no go. They do block out the sun very well (no more moving the brim of my hat to the side, or using my fingers), but the covers just won't fit. But like I said, if you have a pouch or if dust isn't bad then it's not an issue.

I decided since they are so light weight and are only needed during sunrise/sunset hours to just carry them in my pack and use as needed, but that's problematic also.

Coues Sniper,

Do they really go on your binos as quick and easy as they show in the video? He puts them on with one hand and it looks kind of choppy like they did some fancy editing.

Diehard,

They go on pretty easy. I haven't seen the video, but I dont see how you could do it with one hand - there's quite a bit of stretch. On/off may get easier with use though. What is kind of an issue is getting them at the right angle. If the "flap" isn't in the right place you can't really twist it into place as that either loosens the eyepiece or tightens it down towards the lens because of the snug fit (This is what I meant by "problematic" in my previous post.) So there is some fine tuning that you have to do before they work the way they are supposed to.

I really think it will come down whether or not you use a bino pouch. I like the idea but don't really use them since I use the factory cover and a regular bino harness. If you had a pouch and could protect the lenses from dirt without the cover I think they'd be really slick.

Kevin

I have used these for a couple months now. Very Very happy with them. Hate to look through my binos without them. Yes they are Very simple to put on.

post-1013-1273291446_thumb.jpg

post-1013-1273291455_thumb.jpg

I looked for these for years online and could never find them. Have shorter ones on my binos now but could be worth replacing. Is there a direct contact for the company? I'd like to see more on the spotter version.

A friend of mine made these 20 years ago. His were a single shield that went completely around both eye pieces. They work well.

The Eye Shields will deform if you don't flip them down when in a bino case.