jane signed the new concealed weapon bill. a lot of folks figgerd she'd just let if become law without her signature. said it starts 90 days after they recess. does anyone know what the particulars are? tried to find it on thenet but never found anything definitive. just generalized stuff. later, Lark.

Don't know the particulars, but it looks like a good thing for us without the usual political baggage. Along-side with the new laws regarding illegal immigration, it looks like AZ is leading the way for Constitutional reform. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this mindset will spread.

I just saw it on Yahoo news. Sounds like rank and file police supported it and chiefs were opposed initially. AZ joins Vermont and Alaska with similar laws. Must be 21 and older, pass normal BG check with dealer and none required from individual. Concealed carry will be legal anywhere it is not posted as illegal. Private business can post signs asking not to carry or to leave with attendant.

Also said in the story that anyone carrying can let an officer know if they are stopped and he may confiscate it during the questioning.

Sounds like a good deal! Way to go Jan

:D

TJ

I'm still going to keep my ccw current for travel to other states. The training that went with it was extremely valuable. It does away with any misconceptions on when you can use deadly force and when you can't.

I'm still going to keep my ccw current for travel to other states. The training that went with it was extremely valuable. It does away with any misconceptions on when you can use deadly force and when you can't.

Plus...it makes it easy when purchasing a firearm from an FFL.