Non-Typical Solutions

Got my Boat

Got a really nice used 14' aluminum boat, has a Honda 15hp gas motor and a trolling motor.

Question is do I have to take the 15hp motor off the boat to fish the mountain lakes or can I get away with not having any gas onboard and the motor tilted up??

You don't have to take it off. Tilting it up and taking the fuel for it outof the boat will be enough. If you are still worried after that, take the prop off. We use our bass boat up here all the time and just tilt it up and take the prop off. Have had no problems.

Brian

As long as you don't use the motor, it will be o.k

You could always make a trade for a 10 H.P?

I have thought about that, but I think I can take care of my mountain lakes with my trolling motor and have a little more umph for Roosevelt type stuff, will have to see......you got a 10hp you want to trade???

I have thought about that, but I think I can take care of my mountain lakes with my trolling motor and have a little more umph for Roosevelt type stuff, will have to see......you got a 10hp you want to trade???

No. Unfortunately I don't own a boat.

A guy I know was in the same situation and he made a trade with a guy on craigslist. He fishes the lakes alot that have the H.P limit, so it was beneficial for the trade.

No. Unfortunately I don't own a boat.

A guy I know was in the same situation and he made a trade with a guy on craigslist. He fishes the lakes alot that have the H.P limit, so it was beneficial for the trade.

I think I am going to give this a try and see if it works out, I would like the larger motor for the bigger lakes, thanks

You'll do fine with a trolling motor only, we used to take the bass boats up for smallies and use trolling motors and they did fine